Long story short.... I'm probably starting a new job / new country / new culture in a couple of months and my distressed brown leather Clarks desert boots that I currently wear just won't cut it (stopped wearing a suit in the UK apart from the odd occasion many moons ago).....

So, im looking for a pair of (light / dark brown, to be worn with a suit) leather (or suede but ideally leather) desert boots / chukka boots that are really smart, ideally without a crepe sole as they don't look as smart. No brogue type detailing or anything like that. I am generally anywhere between 8-9 UK (yeah I know small feet....) otherwise I'd have bought the James Bond Saunders and Saunders on Sales Corner recently. Given they are likely to be expensive and worn on a daily basis I would like to try them on first, I'm based in Preston so can get to Manchester / Liverpool / Leeds / Chester etc. quite easily, I have family in Northampton if any of the British shoemakers around there are recommended, and I could get to London if required. Don't really want to buy remote and potentially have to return but would do if there were no easy alternative. What boots do people suggest and where do you suggest I buy them?

Many thanks in advance, have a great day!!!!