Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
My Farer Discovery II has just arrived, and it is a fabulous looking watch, especially for the price - £895. Here it is on an Mulberry Purple Leather strap; I also bought a couple of other straps (Orange Rubber, and Tan Barenia Leather), so no excuses not to try the quick strap release.

I generally like applied numerals, and on this dial they are larger than normal, which is kind to my eyesight. The dial is rich purple face-on, becoming blue, almost black, when viewed from an angle. It is slightly mesmerising to watch the orange second-hand pointer sweep around the outside of the dial. The movement (La Joux-Perret G101) has a 68 hours power reserve, and smooth feel when manually winding it. I have yet to try out the lume - I normally don't bother trying to read any of my lumed watches at night, as I find the lume is too faint or small to read easily, but maybe the Discovery will be an exception.
I see lots of positive replies to this post already and deservedly so, this is a beautiful watch, especially at the price and with the unique Farer way of combining colours.