Ok, so I sold a Seiko Watch Prospex 1968 Reinterpretation SPB187J1 on ebay.

(I hadn’t worn it or re-sized the bracelet, but did handle it a few times to see if I could bond with it or not and was bough fror £661 in June from TH Baker?)

The Ebay auction was 195373849929 and sold buy now for £565 by ebay user johngbrennan

i then get a message from the buyer saying

“I’ve just opened the box and had a look at the watch to resize it and noticed that it's been worn as there are wear marks and small hairline scratches in the strap and the side of the case.

You marked it as Brand New without tags.... this has obviously been worn which would not make it new.

Bit disappointed to be honest, but thought I'd message you first before leaving a review”

I replied back that I haven’t worn it, but he could return the watch for a full refund to which he quickly instigated an Ebay return.

ok fair enough BUT he had to send me photos of the issues he raised, but just sent me a photo of the watch along with its box etc.

I then noticed that he is selling the exact same model of Watch for originally £899, but now reduced to £799 (Ebay auction 334601090171).

The photo he sent me in reference to the return, which was supposed to show these so called marks, was a picture of the watch in front of the box ie, it was one of the photos from his auction?

He has until the 7th Nov to return my watch, but given he sells watches, I can’t help but think he is trying to sell my watch to make a profit and if he doesn’t sell it, he can simply return it? And so is simply hedging his bets.

Kind members of TWF have asked questions to the seller )my buyer) about the watch and confirmed it is my watch by asking about the warranty, and said the following"

"It has been worn maybe twice. The first time when I got it and the security and time when deciding whether to sell it (it has never left the house).

I did resize the bracelet, however reattached all the links and there no marks I can see on it.It looks brand new, however it isn’t, which is why I’m selling it used"

He is describing the watch as "Mint Condition" and "stunning piece is in Brand New Condition"

Yet he has instigated an ebay return on the basis the watch is not new and has marks and scratches on it.

I have filed a complaint, as recommended in Ebay Seller Community on the basis of Feedback Extortion ie where he said he was contacting me to see what I had to say before leaving a review.

I have also told ebay how can the buyer instigate a return on the basis the watch is used and has scatches, yet is selling it on as mint and in as new condition??

This doesn’t sit well for me, what do you guys think??

Wishing you all well

John