Dear Eddie, The PRS-55’s have just arrived:

1. I have removed all vinyl, except on the case backs.
2. I have manually wound and set the date and time for both.
3. One of the two instruction booklets is coming apart at its spine. Nice text and photos.
4. I will go swimming in 2 hours with one of these two.
5. Orange leatherette shipping cases are lovely and "too good" .
6. Included summer rubber straps and ,most especially, the custom buckles are also superb.

What are my thoughts of the watch? While this is not my review, please speak as an old time New Yorker in a 1940’s movie: "Day arr SOOPOIBB !!” (They are superb).

They are way more perfect than many high end regular Seiko, and are on par with the costly Grand Seiko line . They are like a cross between grand Seiko and Blancpain, if they were to collaborate and make a vintage inspired dive watch. There is no improvement needed, whatsoever, and they remind me of my childhood vacations in Bermuda and the Caribbean, collecting only brochures, while trailing adults who were buying watches and discount liquor shopping. This would be in the years between 1969 and 1976. The feelings and images they "conjure up" about this time period in my life shall be the basis for my review. You made little time machines for we who experienced that time period in either the Caribbean, Bermuda, Malta, Gibraltar, or any of the Spanish Islands.

The perfection and execution of the dial and hands and bezel /crystal is so great !! I knew this would be a big seller and it is. I suspect that the transition to the Hong Kong manufacturer has resulted in a marked quality improvement across the board. I also think the price point to be too low. This could be Timefactors priced at Around 700 pounds and major brand priced at 2500-3000 pounds. If a customer does not realize the immense value, he is stupid.

I will be starting my writing this evening. These could have "Glashutte Original” on their dials and people would believe it. You made 1960’s inspired wrist artwork!
Thankyou for all your quick shipping
Eddie