Quote Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
I'd forget the 5 year limit. A Cayman or Boxster within that age will be a 718 with the 4 cylinder engine. I think these are guaranteed to plummet in value and be the Porsche nobody wants in a few years.

All the best sports cars in that budget are older and most have already been mentioned. Audi R8, 997.2, 981, Evora etc. I;d go for any of those knowing I'd more than likely not lose any money (bare in mind they have all gone up by several ££££ over the last year so you may even struggle to get into one).

Having gone through several M cars, Audi RS, Porsche and Lotus I would no longer compromise on a shared chassis car if I awanted something I'd define as a sports car. Performance figures for something like an M4 v a 991 C2 may be pretty close but the difference in feel when a car has been designed as a sports car from the ground up rather than a family car/small executive saloon that's been through a tuning department is MASSIVE.
Thanks for this. Curious - is it a widely held view that the 718 will plummet? I thought the new engine was a bit marmite to the purists but I’d be surprised if they tanked in value? I’m not interested in a super performance sports car, just a nice one I can drive daily without fuss. I’m leaning towards the 718 Cayman tbh.