closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hive heating - hoping for some advice as trying to replace

Threaded View

Master

Hive heating - hoping for some advice as trying to replace

As above trying to replace my Hive heating as its a piece of **** and constantly loses connection stops switching heating on etc and customer service is useless - thats off my chest now my issue!

I have a dual zone system (2x heating and 1x hot water) so I thought it would be simple enough to replace with a Drayton Wiser, Nest etc. however it would seem my set up is a little different and hoping some educated member could give some advice before I have to be robbed to get a proper heating engineer in to do this!

It seems Hive has two receivers and all other systems work on one - I have one dual channel (Heating/HW) receiver (wiring shown below) next to the boiler linked to a thermostat in the hall, there is then a single channel (Heating only)receiver by the vented cylinder upstairs which links to the upstairs thermostat. The new non-hive systems seem to just have one receiver which connects to 2 thermostats.

I assume therefore I have to do something to the wiring to make the valve by the cylinder switch on/off but have no idea how?

Any advice gratefully received
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nictry; 7th May 2021 at 08:49.