Hello all
As some of you may remember I had a bit of a fire sale recently and bought the Fiesta ecoboost that was advertised on SC as my one and only car for the time being. It was described as being mechanically good and the seller brought it down to me and I didn’t even test drive it, as it made the 100 mile trip and according to him had no issues.
I’ve been driving it locally for the last couple of weeks, and on Saturday went out with my wife and kids. Driving along I see lots of white smoke / steam in the rear view mirror and can smell antifreeze I believe, the kids were complaining and their eyes were stinging. Revs were jumping and running lumpy. Got it home and it has refused to start again.
I know that buying a 2nd hand car is a gamble, but I didn’t expect it to last 2 weeks and 500 miles. I think it’s the HG, and am concerned that the engine may be beyond economic repair. I’ve had some quotes and what was meant to be a cheap car to get me around for a few months may prove to be a money pit. I am upset and disappointed beyond words.
The thing that I’m concerned about is have I been done over, as 500 miles before catastrophic failure leads me to suspect that the car was on its last legs when sold to me, and that’s based on what I’ve been told
If anyone has any suggestions as to what would be the best / cheapest way forward I would really appreciate some constructive assistance.
The car is a 2014 Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost 125 Zetec S with 75k. Looking around on the Fiesta owners groups, I’ve been quoted £1600 for a known good engine supplied and fitted by Ecosport I believe, who are apparently well regarded.
I’m now hiring a car as I have to have a car for work and the kids school and can’t keep that up for long as it’s just money down the drain but I have no choice at the moment.
I think I needed to vent.