closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What's a good way to mount this onto a wall?

Threaded View

Master

What's a good way to mount this onto a wall?

Hi

I know a few of you are mechanically minded and like a challenge and are pretty imaginative with coming up with solutions to tricky problems:

My wife works in the aviation sector and I managed to buy her a window section from the 747 that crossed the Atlantic in the fastest time as it was being dismantled. That was a few months ago and now I have to put it up on the wall to display. That was always the idea, I just haven't had the chance to do it.

So the idea is to mount it on a wall and use some battery powered LED lights to light up the window section.

Just thought I'd see if anyone had any ideas about a good way to mount it on the wall? It would ideally be something that would allow for it to be removed in case we need to alter the lights; paint the wall etc.

Initial idea is to attached some kind of batten to the wall and use those to hold it but not sure that will work as the struts on the back are the wrong way up - you'll see what I mean in the pictures.

I'm planning to cut-off the red screws on the back as they make it more difficult to mount I think.

Anyway, be grateful for some advice/ideas.

On to the pics:

We will probably add the call-sign onto the front with some vinyl lettering.

While we're here, any advice on how to protect the material (the edges are cut from the plane so whilst they aren't sharp, they are bare metal)?

Cheers
    Last edited by bambam; 21st February 2021 at 14:38.