Random musings.

I was in Cardiff yesterday primarily to collect my Omega Seamaster GMT which is just back from service. It took an absolute age, half of which was WoS actually getting it to Omega and then getting it back to me.
Work was well up to the usual Omega standard, little bag of the bits they'd changed which all looked in good nick in the bottom of the service pouch, I guess they think it helps you to swallow the price. No over restoration of the parts so the watch wears it's age nicely. Also had a nice chat with a fellow watch fan waiting to collect a Rolex - say hello if you are a member here?
At least WoS have got rid of those overly blingy pre-owned Rolex that were littering their window. Nice JLC rverso in the pre-owned window but price was on the high side.

While loitering until my 10.00 apointment I was browsing the Christopher George window. Helped the sales staff who had mixed up the labels on 2 of the pre-owned Rolex in the window and also noticed that Seiko now have little display cards that say things like "Known to our fans as Tuna" (insert nickname of choice, they had a few.)

Also tried on the Oris Aquis with the new cal. 400 movement in Crouches. I thought it might wear big at 43mm but it does not. Very snug on the wrist. I had their diver 65 on my list as a possible next purchase but I'm torn now. Time to follow my own advice and wait. Anyhow SWMBO would probably not appeiciate another purchase before Christmas. however I have established that I might be allowed to buy another watch box, which I might take as permission for 12 more watches

That Jeweller in the Royal Arcade I can never remember the name of still has a Hulk in the window £17k and change.

Interesting Rolex pocket watch in Laings.

No vist to Cardiff is complete for me without going into Wallys. Deli counter now fully stocked again, life almost feels normal!