Quote Originally Posted by benny.c View Post
Possibly a pro rata amount for an incomplete month if the new hand back date isn’t on the same day of the month that the original date was?
No don't think its that. I have just paid a payment (Friday) and my quote states valid if returned between 27/10/2020 and 26/11/2020 and that your last rental due has been paid which it has. Next payment is due 30 November, which if paid would then leave 4 payments. So my current payment takes me up to the 26th November. I did intend to arrange return in the next 2 weeks but lockdown might make that an issue

Quote Originally Posted by peterdo View Post
Also depends on your mileage.

For ease of the example, if you had 36 month contract with 36,000 miles and handed it back 5 months early, your mileage entitlement would only be for 31 months or 31,000 miles

If you had done 32,000 miles you would get penalty charges on the mileage e.g. 13p + VAT x 1,000 or £156

You should get it all in the early termination quote. If it’s Lex Autolease, check the details as they are so far behind in service levels they missed 2 payments I had made from my termination value...they still haven’t taken the final settlement on a car I handed back in March either

Pete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not mileage either. i'm well under and they don't actually know my mileage yet. I did 3yr/36000 and currently have 26628 on the clock - at this time in the rental I calculated it would be just over 30k

As I say, I'll have to phone and check but can't see what it could be.

It was all arranged through Volvo and is Santander finance. They've been pretty good/prompt in helping out (had a quote earlier in the year which I did have the same question on but never took it further).