This time next week I'll be unemployed. My current job ends on Wednesday after which point I'll be looking for new opportunities. Anyone need a CTO/CIO?

I got made redundant a decade ago and used the time and money to pursue a full time MBA and had easily the best year of my adult life. Unfortunately, I have since gained a wife and two kids, so I can't take a year out this time.
However, financially I'm fine so there's no rush or pressure to find anything imminently.

Given the Covid situation it could be a while before I get work, so I'm beginning to think about how I'm going to spend my time.

I need structure in my life. At work I have a PA, and at home a wife. These wonderful people tell me where I should be and what I should be doing at all times. Without a calendar of events I do whatever interests me at that moment (watch forums right now for example) so I'm thinking I need to instill some rigour in my out of work time or I'll just waste it all.

Those of you that are retired or between jobs, how do you manage your time? Do you set yourself goals, targets or do you just wing it day by day?

I can't really spend more than an hour a day looking for work. That leave a lot of time in the day to fill productively. I like lots of hobbies, so was thinking about making targets like taking 10 shots off my handicap by April, cycling at least 100 miles a week, getting to grade 6 in guitar and more family stuff like helping kids homework and reading that we leave to the nanny currently. Maybe even learn another language. This way I can plan a day in chunks and dedicate myself to things I enjoy and not just waste this gift. I've never been time rich before.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? What did you do?