Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
Thanks LTF - not gonna argue on looks, the concept above will not be to everyone’s taste (nor mine if I’m honest). Hoping for the actual release to be better looking, less toy like and more mature design in line with the newer Ming 27.01.

There’s been a few comments on this not considered being a dive watch. Are the visual markers on the bezel not adequate enough to replace numbers - I’d have thought visual is more intuitive? I’d also want to see as a minimum 5 minute markers on the dial (maybe minutes too but don’t think as critical?). Bezel action we cannot judge until we handle. But otherwise what is missing for it to be considered a dive watch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, I guess you can produce a watch with good WR, a rotating bezel and a "legible" dial and call it a dive watch; that doesn't make it fit for purpose, though, and on this one I'd suggest that it's a classic case of form over function. I don't think lack of detail on the dial and bezel markings that look pretty confusing to me (and would no doubt be more so underwater) will attract the diving community in their droves, but then again I guess time will tell when the production model is released. To suggest that this is a dive watch, though, just seems self-indulgent to me.