Popped into a H Samuel yesterday and decided to take up the offer of assistance by enquiring as to why some similar looking Seikos were priced at £399, yet a couple of others were £799-£995.
Expecting some enlightenment I was quite surprised at the grasping bluster with the eventual conclusion that the more expensive were Automatics and the cheaper weren’t.
‘But the £399 one has Automatic on the dial’ I said. Cue some squinting and wriggling but no answer forthcoming.
Spotting another store stocking some more prestigious (or dare I say, LUXURY) brands I spotted a similar collection of Seikos so tried the same question. Neither the member of sales staff or even the Assistant Manager could give me a correct answer. I decided to try One of the £995 Watches on and noted the Crystal had a look of Sapphire (confirmed by reading the text on the case back) and wondered if the Bezel was Ceramic. Maybe someone on here could enlighten me, probably a bit much to expect shop staff to actually know what they are trying to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app