Shooting the breeze of opinion on this one.

Currently lining up to add to the collection in the big smoke next week. I have plenty of Rolex’s, Omega’s etc… Have a nice PP5134 which does the dress watch thing and no real desire for expanding into PP. Not a big fan of the APRO either. Could do the Code 11:59 but too pricey at present.

This is what I fancy:-

1. Ulysse Nardin Freak X, Blue titanium or gold (gold is really beyond what I would like to pay)
  2. Girard Perregeaux Laurento 38mm – either 3-hander or Chrono, SS Blue.
  3. Vacheron Constantin Overseas – 3 hander. (I prefer the Mk2 Chrono with big date to be honest). Brown Dial.

I have a real suckering for blue dials and sub 40-41mm but I feel that Blue Dials, SS Rolex, SS Pateks and megablock APs are all going to be passé very soon as people run out of patience with delivery times, grey market pricing and the repeated wash-rinse-repeat of hearing about tags, stickers and “investment” watches that have risen too high, too quickly for all our own good.

Obviously, I will be having a good squint of all of these next week and may decide to purchase something that takes my fancy.

However, what do you all think? Any valid alternatives to the above?