closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: How much do you know about your wife (or other significant other)?

Threaded View

How much do you know about your wife (or other significant other)?

There was a bit on this on Sky News this morning but the world has moved on quite a bit since Mrs MCH and I got together.

Should the worst happen, I could get into her phone (mainly because I've recently been helping her with a problem with it) but not her laptop. I don't know Gmail, Facebook or any other password. I also don't know much about her work situation - manager's name, phone number for HR etc. As it happens I wouldn't be able to tell you a direct phone number for my own manager or HR. Banking is a bit simpler, she's recently moved her own bank account to the same bank/branch as mine and our joint account, although I know she has some ISA and other savings elsewhere.

If we were both to be hit by the same lightning bolt, our teenage kids would struggle to find anything. I don't know if we've got bank, work or 'online' info written down anywhere.

Part of the problem is that I don't know the full list of what we ought to know about each other or where/how to keep it so it's helpful but not a liability.

Any ideas/help appreciated.

As an aside, our wills almost certainly need updating anyway - maybe this could be linked?

**************** update 2021 *******************

If you haven't got all this sorted, I implore you to do it now.

I started this thread and, of course, did nothing about it.

My wife recently had a serious accident and is currently unable to communicate or act on her own behalf. My concern is obviously about her current health and medium/long term outlook but the fact that I can't talk to her bank, need to speak to DVLA, don't know who her motorbike is insured with etc etc is all an unwelcome and unnecessary hassle.

If the worst happens, it's the worst but it doesn't need to be the worst with added hoops to jump through.

Get wills in place and certainly 'powers of attorney' so you can act for each other and make notes of important info.
    Last edited by MakeColdplayHistory; 6th October 2021 at 22:47.