I'm 50 this year. I'm in the lucky position of being able to extend my watch collection (which currently comprises of some stainless steel Rolex watches and a vintage birth year Omega Speedmaster plus one or two pieces) with a new watch. My end game in this watch collecting malarky is to try and purchase a complicated Patek - perhaps an annual or perpetual calendar, to wear and enjoy and pass on (as we all know, you never actually own a Patek ...).

For the past few years I've been badgering my Omega AD about the 50th anniversary Apollo 11 watches. This week, I received a call from him to say that I've been allocated the full gold and the stainless steel models. To say I was excited is an understatement. I love the look of both watches and the stories behind them are inspiring. However, it is clearly a big purchase and will probably require a sale or two to fund.

Things were complicated a bit yesterday, by another email that came from the Patek dealer in Chester to say that they have received a 5205R (one of the watches I had expressed an interest in), and would I be interested to see it with a view to purchasing. As with the two Omegas, this is a massive purchase for me and probably a once in a lifetime event (given that I don't buy lottery tickets).

I appreciate that this is very much a first-world problem. Pursue the two Omega watches with their history and heritage, or go for what for me would be a dream watch? I'm pretty much 95% sure which direction I'm going to heading in over the next weeks but I wondered what you would do?