Morning!

Hope you have all had a nice christmas. Now, down to business. As per recent post my collection currently consists of a Speedy and a Sub (https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...+rolex+content)

I think quite possibly I would like to add a pilots watch of some kind. I would like to continue on the course of just purchasing 1 watch every 1-2 years. Watch should be 40mm or less. With my current two black dials a different colour (white?) might go well. It should be stealthy (plan to wear this daily at work where a flashy watch would not be ideal) but incredibly well made. It should have an easily serviceable movement. It should look good on a variety of straps. Price is flexible. Max £4k. But that would mean 2 years at least of saving.

I have always loved IWC designs, alas most of their watches are too big and also I feel, quite overpriced. But they always seem beautifully built, so there are two on the shortlist (mark XVIII white dial and mark XVI). Other watch is a Damasko DA37 - nice design, love the lug holes and hardened case. Unknown brand other than in this kind of community, which I like. If anyone has any experience of these watches or any others you think I should consider would love to hear your thoughts and more importantly, see your pictures!

These pics are not my own!

Mark XVI - maybe the perfect pilot watch but maybe hard to find at a good price plus ideally a different colour dial. But the ETA 2892-A2 movement plus 39mm diameter is perfect.

Damasko DA37 - never seen a Damasko in real life. On paper this looks good. Although it may look a little large on me. Plus, unsure if the somewhat flat, matte case would get boring. Otherwise, really not much to not like. This maybe the favourite. However, new prices seem high currently at £1k+, would prefer a good used one circa £600 (seem to go for around £5-600 on here).

Mark XVIII white dial - if this was 39mm and had the ETA movement then I think this would be the no-brainer. But it is 40mm with lugs as well so would certainly have to try it on (would be possible, which is an advantage over the DA37). I think when this was first released it had the IWC cal. 30110 which is the ETA 2892-A2 but now on the IWC website it states the cal 35111 which i believe is the Sellita SW300. Would this bother anyone? I think it bothers me. Read on it a bit and seems the Sellitas are good but just not as good as the ETA version, at this price, for an "off the shelf", I would be wanting the best!

Anyway yes. Please just post your very favourite pilots and tell me about what it is like to live with them. Hope you enjoy the rest of the festive period!