closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Warming to the Datejust??

Threaded View

Craftsman

Warming to the Datejust??

So i’ve just been in to my local goldsmiths to see if I could get much info about gmt supply/ waiting list - I couldn’t, other than they have only had one in so far...

Anyway, ended up trying on some datejusts as I spotted some blue dial ones in the window and I’m quite partial to a blue dial.

I’ve never really been a fan of the Datejust and they don’t get talked about much on here.

Tried on a few versions including smooth bezel and oyster bracelet.... quite a novelty to be able to do this when compared to sport models.

However, I really quite liked the white gold fluted bezel and ss jubilee bracelet combo with blue dial. Really quite versatile, dressier than the typical sports model and a lovely blue dial, but not too blingy. Didn’t seem like an “old mans watch” either which is a common criticism of the two tone versions etc and a view that I have shared tbh.

I could see that particular version sitting quite comfortably along side my sub date as an addition.

I concluded that I’m going to continue the waiting game for the gmt for a while yet, but I surprised myself that I was really quite drawn to this particular model.

Interestingly (though perhaps not surprising) they are actually allowed to order specific combinations of datejusts from Rolex rather than having to wait for the required one to arrive. They even are happy to swap jubilee/ oyster bracelet around in the shop, so there is no messing around. Worse case is waiting for it to arrive in their next delivery apparently!

How refreshing! Could be tempted in the near future.

So, am I going a bit mad, or is my taste just evolving?? I am slowly turning in to an old man after all😀
    Last edited by D4RW1N; 3rd June 2018 at 16:21.