Is it just me or does having the hobby of watch collecting and general watch appreciation for about forty years normally include the dis-assembly and re-assembly of watches ?
I have to moderate my purchasing of watches because otherwise I'd buy everything that ticks and then have to build a huge warehouse to keep them.

I'm now feeling the need to make my own watch.
I probably should start with a pocket watch , for the simple reason that everything is bigger so the tolerances and clearances are easier to manufacture.
But inevitably I'd like to make my own wristwatch.

I've been slowly converting one of my sheds to a watch workshop, and Ive been a toolmaker and draughtsman for more years than I'd like to own up to.
This would be my death watch, I fear that I may not have enough time left ( I can hear my life clock ticking loudly LOL ) a watch I would make and wear for a period of time and then happily die .

So for my first watch, I'd like to make a pocket watch to wear with my finest made to measure three piece suits.
Then a wristwatch.
I absolutely have to make every single part from raw material otherwise I will feel that I have cheated.

Yes I know I'm utterly bonkers, so does my wife, that's why I have the sheds and she has the idiot lantern in the house.