Quote Originally Posted by doug darter View Post
I've just bought a Kobold SMG 1!! I was really looking forward to receiving it, and I guess a little bit of the excitement has disappeared.

I suppose one has to be pragmatic.

I am buying a watch, a concept, a lifestyle object, not the owner of the company. An inanimate object which is given meaning when I strap it on my wrist. It knows nothing of it's history, and owes nothing to it's maker. It is a machine which has a purpose, and will operate within strict accordance with it's design parameters which are unaffected by anything which may happened since it left the hands of the ateliers who put it together.

It is just a watch. It is no less the watch it was just because the company owner turns out to be less than honest.

I WILL enjoy wearing it. It is the same watch it was a week ago. So what If Michael Kobold is a Crook?

Many chief executives of companies have been crooks, but have people owning products sold by these companies either returned or stopped buying their products?? Probably not. Did owners return their VW's or stop buying them following the fraudulent claims made and lies told by management? No of course not.

The UK political parties are probably more corrupt now than they have ever been, yet we contiue to vote for them.

Kobold will continue to sell watches. Most potential buyers will buy them simply because they are Kobold. They will not read articles here, or in the watch press, so they will not be aware of these issues. If Michael Kobold is jailed, or is forced to resign, a new Chairman will probably be installed, debts will be paid, and promises fulfilled. People will forget. They always do.

I'll wear my Kobold. Why not?? Why should I be made to feel guilty for wearing it because of a bastard like Michael Kobold!
I think you've done a sterling effort of convincing yourself, why you need to be convinced I have no idea lol

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk