An OB is on my hit list in the semi near future (along with various others!).

My fledgling research informs me there are two generations, with the 2nd gen being preferable as the movement has hacking and manual wind. Apparently the easiest way to tell the difference is 1st gen says "water resist" on the dial whereas 2nd gen says "water resistant". But I digress.

Regardless of which gen, there are 4 'versions' (3 that have always existed, the 4th is newer). I've ruled out versions 3 and 4. In fact, I've whittled it down to a black version 2:

Or, a black version 1:

Or finally, a white/silver version 1:

Except I'm struggling to decide. In the slightly longer term I'm really wanting to pick up a black Hamilton Khaki King, so that edges me toward not getting a black Orient as well. However I do like the black V1 in particular. Another one on the hit list later this year is either a SARB033 or 035, and again the colour would depend on what else is in the collection - yet it seems ridiculous to decide which SARB I'd prefer now when I'm not planning on buying it for quite a while!

This has turned into quite the prose. So what I was asking is, has anyone any experience of owning these - are they good value watches and if you've had different versions, which one do you feel is better in the flesh?

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk