To say that I enjoy listening to comedic radio programmes would be an understatement. It is something that I grew up with, listening to shortwave radio, audio cassettes and LPs. In 1970’s West Africa television simply wasn’t available and tuning into episodes of shows like I’m Sorry I Haven’t a Clue and Just a Minute were a real treat. Happily those two still are, albeit with a few sorry losses to the regular teams over the years.

Even when television did become available I loved the imagination involved and surreal potential of audio broadcasts, and still prefer the original radio series of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy over any subsequent version. The radio adaptations of Yes Minister episodes are always a joy to listen to.

In recent years my commute to work has generally been in the region of half an hour and I have become accustomed to listening to a radio comedy en route. It’s a nice way to start the day. John Finnemore can do little wrong in my ears, he’s been responsible for several of my favourites and I must have listened to every episode of Cabin Pressure several times. John Finnemore's Souvenir Programme and Double Acts are both excellent.

Also tickling my funny bone and occasioning strange looks from passers-by are That Mitchell and Webb Sound, The Unbelievable Truth and Charlie Brooker’s So Wrong it’s Right, as well as programmes that mix humour with a vaguely informative theme such as It is Rocket Science, The Museum of Curiosity and The Infinite Monkey Cage.

I'm always grateful for recommendations. Over to you TZ radio comedy devotees.