Ok....I put a new shed in the garden. I want to run power to the shed and the cable run is 35m.

With the power I want to run an led tube light (so low demand, but don't ask me how much). I also want a double 13A socket for general use, but nothing industrial - so charging a drill battery or playing a radio.

I am also in the process of constructing a pond - c 10m diameter and will want to run power to a pump which would be plugged in to one of the 13A sockets and switched on/off, but most likely will be on all the time.

I've had a local electrical firm out to quote. They suggested 35m of armoured cable running from a switched spur (?) to provide the light and socket and suggested that the power draw should be sufficient providing I didn't use lots of high demand items.

To future proof, they suggested using cable that could support 23A and if I had issues, they could take a cable from the main consumer board and join it with the armoured cable.

I've received the quote and just want to check what is required in terms of cable as I have looked on a number of electrical supplier sites and they suggest that 2.5mm 3 core armoured cable will handle 23A (some say 24A). However, I don't know if there are any other factors that need to be considered given the length of the cable run that affects this - ie do I need 6mm wire which is rated to 40+A? They haven't specified what size cable core, but the cable cost seems very high vs the prices I have googled for a 50m drum.

Any informed help would be welcomed.

Thanks