Hi all,
I just wanted to post some pictures and feedback on here about my recent experience with Brendan.

I first reached out to him following a post on here asking for help to identify a vintage Omega (cal 266 it turned out) I inherited from my grandfather. I received a few recommendations about someone to service said watch, one of whom was Brendan.
I sent him a message on whatsapp about the above and also a failed seamaster cosmic 2000 that belonged to my father in law.

I have to add, at this point, that my father in law passed away before I met my wife so obviously we have never met.
My mother in law came across the seamaster in the back of a wardrobe, knackered and not running. A local jeweller advised my wife to throw the watch away. Thankfully she didn't and the mother in law and I conspired to get it fixed as a surprise for my wife and of course as a piece to remember him by.

Anyway, Brendan suggested that both pieces were serviceable and he would be able to get the seamaster running.

I packaged both watches up and sent them away. I was quite nervous as both have immense sentimental value.

Brendan sent me a picture when he had received the watches and told me he'd get to them in a couple of days. If I recall Brendan had 11 other watches too look at at the time.

A few days later Brendan sent me some pics of the 266 in pieces ready to clean. A few hours later a picture comes with all the components clean then a little later a picture of the mechanics back together, along with a video of the watch running. Now I don't have this piece back yet as it's having the dial refurbished too. On to the seamaster...

Well, when Brendan starts to disassemble I get a message.... A bad message... Water damage! Oh no.... Not to worry, says Brendan, it could be ok. Well it turned out not terrible. A couple of parts needed replacing, at crazy Swiss prices... Thanks swatch group!
So the disassembly continues, with pics as before and reassembly.
New strap was added and the seamaster put in the post. I was excited!
Today the watch arrived and I presented it to my wife with her mum.
Lots of tears ensued as both were absolutely over the moon.
Lots of husband points for me today!

I can't recommend Brendan enough. Communicative, efficient, professional and, without doubt, an artist.
He's a very knowledgeable watch maker and also a personable fellow. We've had random chats about ask sorts in between him working on the watches.

If you need a repair or a service he's the man. I might just pre book my new speedie pro now for a 5 year service.

Here's some pics....

Cal 266 and seamaster

Cal 266

Seamaster before

Seamaster after

TL:DR
Brendan is ace. Go to him for all your watch service and repair needs!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk