closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Welcome to my mil watch and G10 obsession - image heavy

Threaded View

Welcome to my mil watch and G10 obsession - image heavy

Hi all, this is my first proper thread.

Browsing the forum I found Uke1's thread regarding his first G10 and became interested enough to try and find out more.

I came across Tom91's thread asking about Johnson's of Leeds as a possible source. I'd shopped there for years, but had never been interested enough or knew enough about their watches to take a proper look. Well I have done now and they have a nice selection of G10's and other watches. Barry, I think he's the owner, is a keen collector and seems to know his stuff.

I can thoroughly recommend Johnsons. Nice gear and no hard sell. They have all sorts of surplus gear including old radios and plenty of clothing. I managed to get a telepraph key and an inclinometer as part of a deal. Well worth a call and a visit.

Here's a quick pic of the small selection they have on their counter top.

and some gear

I purchased an army g10 1991.

Then I found a 2014 navigator on a different forum and another G10 on yet another forum.
    The G10 is a 97 army model.

Still waiting for the navigator to arrive, but here's a pic.

Well I had to go back to Johnsons to see what else they had. I fancied a navy G10. I found 2 I liked, one standard (89) and one which has the lume (90) covered apparently to reduce visibility at sea. Couldn't decide so was forced to liberate them both.

I was lucky enough that they had just taken receipt the day before of a fatboy 82 which I had to have.

Pic of all 4. Can you spot the fatbay?

I now have to stop. Thank you to all of you who have contributed to my new found madness.

I have bought clocks, other watches and even digital carriage clocks due to my forum wanderings and late night good ideas!!

Thank you for welcoming me to the obsession. :)
    Last edited by tasum; 31st May 2015 at 10:31.