Looks like we have a bunch of car enthusiasts over here. I have a genuine question and interest in one of these.

I haven't had a car for almost 2 years since the divorce. I have been quite lucky so far that my daughter is only 15 mins walk from I am, but the dear ex-wife will be relocating to South West London in the very near future, so this has reignited my desire to get another car.
My partner and I in North London (zone 3) at the minute. We don't really need a car as we commute by tube and train most days for work, but we do miss the freedom.

Anyway, we have been looking, (or I should say I have been looking around auto trader), and I fancy an Alfa GV coupe. My man math tells me it looks like quite a good value, should be large enough to seat 5, and looks "sexy".

My last car was a Volvo estate which the ex took as part of the divorce thingy. I missed it but now I want something different.

I know there are quite a few different models and levels to choose from, but which ones should I look out for? I understand it shares bits with 156 and I have heard some mixed reviews. Especially to avoid the selespeed type or something rather.

I used to be quite into card, but my car knowledge nowadays are very limited. I get whatever is shown on Top Gear and that's it.

My last before I came to London was the first generation RX8. I missed it loads when I came here. Wanted one again but not too sure about it now. I guess that's where the AlfaGV thoughts came from.

Anyway, apologies for the long post, what do you think of the Alfa GT? Will it worth the "trouble"?

Thanks.