closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling - BlackSteel.....

Threaded View

Breitling - BlackSteel.....

I've just picked up my 4th Breitling Black steel watch, previously I've owned the Skyland Avenger, Super Avenger and Sea Wolf Chrono all in Blacksteel so it's safe to say I'm a fan of the Breitling Black steel models but this latest one takes it to a whole new level. My latest is the 47mm Chronomat B04 GMT Chronograph which has 500m WR rating, the finish is different from other Blacksteel Breiltings - it's more like gunmetal and works very well with the flashes of Red in the dial, on closer inspection the dial is sublime and the overall feel of quality feels substantially higher than other Black steel models I've owned, probably not surprising with a retail of £7750. It's a Limited Edition of just 1000 which is in the 2014 Breitling catalogue only I believe and has a true GMT function with independently adjustable hour hand. A big advantage over the evious models is that this one has the Blacksteel Ocean Racer deployant which I've always been keen on - a considerable improvement over the regular buckle IMHO.
    The previously Black steel models I've owned stood up to daily wear very well indeed however I was always nervous about marking them as they can't be refinished - apparently they are considerably more resistant to marks than steel but that shouldn't be a problem with this one as I intent to baby it and wear it selectively. It would be interesting to hear how other Blacksteel owners have coped with their watches picking up marks?

Last edited by shalako; 7th October 2017 at 19:27.