Hello all,

I know someone getting a 1989 CWC G10 isn't huge news, but I'm really quite taken by it so thought I'd post a few quick pics. This is my first G10 (or CWC for that matter) and I have to say I'm impressed by the quality. I've read them described in places as feeling 'cheap' but from dial to case the whole thing seems really nicely finished and feels reassuringly solid. Here it is on my 6.75'' wrist...

I think my favourite thing about it (and also another first for me) is the acrylic crystal. I'm certainly an acrylic fan now, I just love the bubble-like appearance and also enjoyed being able to polish out a couple of light scratches in a few seconds with a little dab of toothpaste!

A shot trying to capture the shape of the crystal...

In fact lets add another first for me, my first tritium dial! 1989 so as you can imagine the lume is next to useless but I've got my fingers crossed in the hope that it takes on a nice yellowing patina after a few more years. The yellower and warmer the better in my book!

Luck of the draw I'm sure but the second hand actually hits the markers spot on all the way around the dial! I'm not overly bothered about that but it's certainly a bonus when they neatly line up. The case has a great bead blasted finish very similar to that of my PRS-18Q and other than a few minor dings is in really nice condition...

Okay, I just noticed another first for me (I should really have made a list at the start!), fixed bars. This is a thumbs up in my book as I only ever seem to wear NATOs. I've been using 20mm on this, despite the 19mm lug width. The gap left by an 18mm strap just doesn't look right to me and it isn't much of a squeeze to get a 20mm on. You only notice any 'bunching' with some of the more rigid nylon. In fact Eddie's NATOs are soft enough to gently compress as you pull them through, making you hardly notice the lugs are that little bit narrower.

Well that's all I guess, I've not really got anything revolutionary to say. It's kept excellent time, to the second in fact, since christmas day. I'm also finding it extremely comfortable on the wrist and it's really nice to have the option of wearing something so small and lightweight. I can absolutely see why people begin collecting these. In fact I'm starting to feel like there is a Precista G10 somewhere in my future, or perhaps a navigator with date!

Cheers for now,

Uke