Never wash a Nato strap ... when it's still attached to the watch!

I inadvertently left my original Falklands issue Precista W10 quartz in my trouser pocket and thus it went through a longish wash cycle at 60ᴼ. I heard something banging against the washing machine drum and window and should have realised what it was but was too busy to twig what had happened. Long story short, after the spin cycle the watch was discovered in the rubber door seal and not working. However, after removing the battery compartment screw and leaving it dial down on the radiator for approx 1 hour it is working again - but still has some moisture condensed on the glass. This watch must have nine lives - it's been dropped, crushed, and immersed several times previously but always kept perfect time. As it had stopped after its laundering I looked up the replacement cost on the Anchor Supplies website - £145 - which is double the figure I paid over 5 years ago. Now remains to be seen if all the moisture can be 'warmed' out of the case but I'm optimistic; it's my favourite daily wearer. THe watch must have stopped at 20.58 - it was taken out the washing machine at approx. 22.30.

dunk