closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Them & Us

Threaded View

Journeyman

Them & Us

As somone at the very bottom of the watch collectors pile.....I sometimes feel, rightly or wrongly that there is a 'Them and Us' attitude with some collectors....not all of us can, or ever will be able to purchase one of the beautiful expensive watches that adorn this and other sites. It does feel at times that those of us who have to make do with the cheaper end of the market, are not taken seriously.

We are not all company directors, high earners or lottery winners. Some of the prices of quality watches amaze me, not so much the price of the superbly crafted watch, but the fact that someone actually has enough money to buy it and add it to an already extensive and expensive collection. I know its the same in every sphere of life, but I still feell we can be treated like second class collectors at times

EDIT
    I should have made it clear that the above comments were not a reflection on members of THIS forum, who I have always found to be friendly and sincere regardless of the grade of watch in question!!!
    Last edited by McKenzie; 13th January 2013 at 23:03.