Some of you will have seen my other thread but thought I ought to start a new one.

I picked up my very first Rolex from another TZ'er and to say I am delighted is an understatement. I first seen the watch a few years ago, but at the time I couldn't afford a £50 watch, let alone a bloody Rolex! So I added it to my wish list along with countless Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, mansions etc etc.

I was in the USA last year and happened to come across a Rolex shop. I went in and had a good look at the watches. I never really fancied any of the divers and still don't. They just don't grab me like the Milgauss does. Anyway I was asked if I would like to try it on. Of course I accepted and from that moment I knew I had to own this watch.

And here we are, 10months later and this is on my wrist;

I absolutely love this watch. I didn't think I'd match the feeling of pride, joy and achievement when I bought my Tag Heuer at Christmas but buying this Rolex has well and truly eclipsed that feeling. The watch just oozes quality. I daren't take off all the protective wrapping but a the same time I cannot wait to give it it's first outing this weekend. :D

Ps. My only gripe with the watch is that the Rolex crown on the crown, when fully screwed in, doesn't face the correct way up :( Maybe a touch OCD but my Tag and Raymond Weil both have well aligned crowns so I'd definetly expect it from Rolex.