I've a Seiko Bellmatic (17j Japan 4006 - 6020) that I've had serviced recently and is running well, but it makes a funny noise. It initially sounds like the rotor is grazing the case at one point as it rotates, as theres sort of a hit or click per rotation but I've opened it up and tht's not the case.

Does anyone know what happens when the watch is fully wound? Does some sort of clutch kick in to let the rotor spin but not transfer that wind through to the mainspring?

I think that this clutch thing (if i'm right - you've probably guessed i'm not overly technical :lol: ) where it stops one of the winding cogs is the source of the noise. I can get a piccie of where I think the issue is, if anyone knows anyhting about these movements....

The curved arrow shows direction of wind, the straight is some sort of bar that stops it unwinding (?). anyway, this cogged wheel seems to turn clockwise when winding, then when fully wound, turn a little (but not one whole cog tooth), make this click, and not advance any more - and the same thing once or twice per rotation of the rotor.
I'm purely guessing, but I think this is when the mainspring is fully wound. When not fully wound, it winds normally, holds a good charge, and timekeeping is spot on - but this bloody noise when it's on your wrist and fully wound sounds like the movement is falling around inside the case. V. Annoying.
(and I can't send it back to the repairers, as they've closed down!