Hello all

I have been looking at this excellent forum for a while now and thought it might be time to get involved!

I collect watches as something of a hobby as I am sure a lot of you do, but my collections have tended to be brand specific. I started with Omega, got intersted in tuning fork watches via the f300 models, went on to Bulova Accutrons and somehow got interested in Tissots. Is this normal behaviour? A lot of people think that owning more than one watch is not normal behaviour!

Anyway, I am currently interested in doing up old Tissot watches, as I have found that they really are an unrecognised brand and the quality of the older models is amazing. It is unbelievable that a brand sharing its heritage with Omega can have been overlooked for so long. Before I put you all off with my soapbox antics let me tell you about my current 'project' watch. It is a Tissot Navigator Sonorous, a mechanical alarm watch from the Seventies. It has many problems....First, and prehaps biggest issue, the back is missing! The movement is ticking away, but the glass is knackered and the bracelet is broken. A bit of a basket case i guess, I have just got to find someone to repair it. Tissot do not seem interested in repairing older models now, so I am looking to find the right place to send the watch in the UK. I have spoken to The Swatch Group and they are not much help, there must be someone out there with the parts and skills to sort it out.

I am hoping to post some pictures of the watch when I work out how to do it, please excuse my lack of forum skills!

Are there any other Tissot fans out there? I know the T Touch models are very popular now, and that thay are good value as new watches, but I think the older mechanicals are really great watches that can be picked up for next to nothing. I would love to see any other pics of Tissot watches or hear of any good websites out there!