closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 67 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,350 of 4123

Thread: Whiskey

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    A very rare trip to the supermarket for me, and these two were £25 each. Seemed rude not to...

All set for the next vGTG now!
    What supermarket, getting low on supplies -_-

Sláinte!

Have to admit it's particularly difficult to stick to the 'Alcohol Reduction Motivation Thread' when this thread is around xD Love the glenmorangie, very easy to drink

Spoiling myself tonight - an old bottling GlenDronach 18.

Slainte!

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    Spoiling myself tonight - an old bottling GlenDronach 18.

Slainte!

Just finished a bottle of that, delicious.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Did a virtual tasting with a couple of friends last night, was actually really good fun. The Cigar Malt and the Amrut Fusion were the standouts.

Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    Just finished a bottle of that, delicious.

It's rather nice, isn't it? Sadly I'm near the end of my (2nd) old bottling though I have a 'new' bottling in reserve, I may have to crack that open and compare when I'm at the end of the older.

I'm a massive advocate of Amrut's Fusion, I have a bottle of their 'peated' on the go at the moment however I'll revert back to the Fusion when that's done as it's a bigger, more complex and rounder dram than the peated, as good as it is.

It's rather nice, isn't it? Sadly I'm near the end of my (2nd) old bottling though I have a 'new' bottling in reserve, I may have to crack that open and compare when I'm at the end of the older.

I'm a massive advocate of Amrut's Fusion, I have a bottle of their 'peated' on the go at the moment however I'll revert back to the Fusion when that's done as it's a bigger, more complex and rounder dram than the peated, as good as it is.
    I was so surprised, having last tried one of Amrut's early bottlings years ago and it was rough as anything!

I'm due a small bonus next month, that and it's my birthday today so I had to get into the birthday spirit... Even with the bonus I need to drop down a gear for the rest of the year, I've indulged in some whiskies, tequilas and a mezcal so far and that's just the spirits, I now have plenty to be getting on with. There are one or two bottles that I may replace if I finish them however what you see here may well be (already!) my last purchases of 2021 - not a bad way to go, though! The Suntory blend is a bonus bottle bought for me for today, the Fusion is either my 3rd or 4th bottle and was purchased because a) I love it and b) want to back-to-back with a bottle of 'peated' I have and the Signet just rang so many flavour profile bells with its part malted chocolate barley and sherry, bourbon and charred virgin oak cask maturation plus talk of it containing spirits up to 40 years old. The Octomore is a bit of a gamble, I've tried a 10.2 before (a measure, not a bottle) however the 9.3 is something else, I bought it mainly due to it's 100% Islay content (very few Islay spirits are made with Islay barley though everything Kilchomen distil is 100%) and the 'interesting' flavour profile descriptions I've read...

Slainte Mhath!

Getting into the birthday spirit

Well earned drop after a week or so of Covid. Cheers guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Well earned drop after a week or so of Covid. Cheers guys.

Hope you are on the mend mate

Hope you are on the mend mate
    Thanks Kirk. Much better now mate.

Master
    Finished the two Tammys & the Arran10.

Ordered another Arran10 tonight so tomorrow we move on to the Moine :)

Aultmore 12

Got through a very enjoyable bottle of this in Dec/Jan...

Highly recommended, a 'fresh' whisky, apples, floral, lovely finish...

Love them both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    how did you rate it? always liked the 10 and the abunadh but read some middling reviews of this 12 year old version

Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    Love them both

ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Whiskey

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    how did you rate it? always liked the 10 and the abunadh but read some middling reviews of this 12 year old version
    I quite like it, it’s sweetish and easy to drink, good drink for 35-40 quid in my opinion! Although I can easily imagine this being too ‘desserty’ for some

Tried this for the first time in years over the weekend. Not what i was expecting. Not as sweet as i like and just a bit meh!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

So bought this today to make up for it, i hope

Quote Originally Posted by Lelykins View Post
    So bought this today to make up for it, i hope

It won’t. Sorry!

Edit: I see you like sweet whiskies. It might then....false alarm!

Master
    The Moine is very different to my previous whiskies, usually been sweet.
    Tammys are sweet, Arran10 was not so sweet but the Moine is smokey with a enjoyable after taste.

Very nice

Journeyman
    I'm due a small bonus next month, that and it's my birthday today so I had to get into the birthday spirit... Even with the bonus I need to drop down a gear for the rest of the year, I've indulged in some whiskies, tequilas and a mezcal so far and that's just the spirits, I now have plenty to be getting on with. There are one or two bottles that I may replace if I finish them however what you see here may well be (already!) my last purchases of 2021 - not a bad way to go, though! The Suntory blend is a bonus bottle bought for me for today, the Fusion is either my 3rd or 4th bottle and was purchased because a) I love it and b) want to back-to-back with a bottle of 'peated' I have and the Signet just rang so many flavour profile bells with its part malted chocolate barley and sherry, bourbon and charred virgin oak cask maturation plus talk of it containing spirits up to 40 years old. The Octomore is a bit of a gamble, I've tried a 10.2 before (a measure, not a bottle) however the 9.3 is something else, I bought it mainly due to it's 100% Islay content (very few Islay spirits are made with Islay barley though everything Kilchomen distil is 100%) and the 'interesting' flavour profile descriptions I've read...

Slainte Mhath!

Looks like a good year for you, i have been meaning to get a signet for a while for the exact same reasons

Very nice

A very nice tipple that! The watch isn’t too bad either!!

A very nice tipple that! The watch isn’t too bad either!!
    Thanks! went down very well...

Quote Originally Posted by markedwards146 View Post
    Looks like a good year for you, i have been meaning to get a signet for a while for the exact same reasons
    It'll be a little while yet until I crack the seal as it's being saved for when my oldest friend and I can meet up again properly, he's keeping a bottle of something back as well. I've no issue in drinking a dram on my own however sharing a good whisky with great friends is, for me, one of life's pleasures.

For tonight it'll be a Toki or two, no work tomorrow so I can properly kick back with it.

Kanpai!
    Last edited by CardShark; 4th March 2021 at 23:15.

Tonight should be interesting...

So jealous. I’ve never tried the triple wood. It would be interesting to add the Lore to that mix.

no messing about here wow! enjoy

No skimping on the measures either, good man.

Finished this last night; one of my favourites for some time and really opened my eyes to Rye whiskey and American whiskeys in general.

I quite like it, it’s sweetish and easy to drink, good drink for 35-40 quid in my opinion! Although I can easily imagine this being too ‘desserty’ for some
    The Aberlour 12 is £28 on Amazon at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    The Aberlour 12 is £28 on Amazon at the moment.
    It’s not worth more than that. I had a miniature of it last night.

Blog Entries
    Uigeadail is one of my faves - what’s your verdict ?

z

Master
    My first bottle of Glenfarclas..been looking to try some for a while (too many on the shelf needed emptying first!). Have to say this is a lovely, easy dram; as smooth as Cary Grant :)

HAGWE!

HAGWE!

One of my favourites. Enjoy! Salty!

Proper drink ... and proper watch!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Opened my second bottle of Auchentoshan 12 year old American Oak fantastic smooth and a delight. Special offer at Tesco with your Club card should be £32.50 now £20.00 Mrs has purchased me four bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Opened my second bottle of Auchentoshan 12 year old American Oak fantastic smooth and a delight. Special offer at Tesco with your Club card should be £32.50 now £20.00 Mrs has purchased me four bottles.
    Sounds a bargain. One of the lads at work keeps telling me to pick up a bottle. Will have a trip out (club card in hand) tomorrow.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sounds a bargain. One of the lads at work keeps telling me to pick up a bottle. Will have a trip out (club card in hand) tomorrow.
    You will not be disappointed

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    You will not be disappointed
    i didn't rate this, i found it didn't really seem like an Auchentoshan and actually was a bit harsh- all oak and a youngish alcohol burn and not much else, a bitterish short finish too.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I liked it

Craftsman
    Since there's plenty of posting activity tonight, here is my delivery today...

- Absolutely love GlenDronach, so that's a safe bet;
    - Really loved the Benriach The Twelve (one of the highlights of 2020), so really looking forward to trying The Smoky Twelve;
    - Never had Arran (heard only good things about it) and really do like Port Cask finishes, so equally looking forward to that

Anyone who can vouch for the latter two?

Sent from my SM-G770F using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    on the bowmore number 1 here, a nice gentle smoke drift.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Craftsman

Slainte Mhath!

I liked the Signet. Thought it stood up well Vs the 18 yr old

So jealous. I’ve never tried the triple wood. It would be interesting to add the Lore to that mix.
    Given their price point Uigealdail vs Lore would be fun. I've only tried Lore once, it was one of the blind bottles in a virtual session late last year, and I'd certainly try it again though I've a feeling that a cask strength 10 may be my next Laph purchase, either that or a PX cask.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Uigeadail is one of my faves - what’s your verdict ?

z
    Ok, let's get the winner out in the open, and it's the Oogie that takes the honours. For a NAS it has, to my buds, a maturity to it that the other 3 don't possess, you'd think that the Laph 10 would have the (relative) maturity however not to my palate. I compared the Oogie to the TW as they both have part sherry cask content, in isolation the latter is just fine however when compared to the former it's a little harsh and young, both only have a hint of sherry cask to them and it's the Ardbeg that does the better job.

As for the 10 and QC the age statement whisky won after a back-to-back some time back however it was much closer this time, in fact I was struggling to even pick out the differences which was a touch bizarre... The QC won this time around, though it did get me thinking about ABVs and how they influence what you taste and smell. The 10 is bottled at 40%, the QC and TW at 48% and the Uigeadail at 54.2% and it was the higher ABV of each pair that I preferred and I'm not so sure that this was a coincidence, all 4 were drank without water so maybe I need to experiment with a few drops.

As said, the Uigeadail was my preferred of the 4 and would be my pick if I could only choose one for the future. As such I don't think I'll buy another Triple, instead I may spend the extra for the Lore, though I did say that I'd try not to buy any more this year Yeah, like that's going to last!

As an aside, I need to work out a reliable way of pouring my own blinds. It's possible to purchase black/opaque glasses so that colour won't influence opinion, I'm thinking that I could place some tape on the base with a number corresponding to the spirit, pour a measure into each glass and then mix the glasses like the ball-under-cup magic trick until I lose track as to which glass is which. Hmmm...
    Last edited by CardShark; 7th March 2021 at 03:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_X View Post
    Since there's plenty of posting activity tonight, here is my delivery today...

- Absolutely love GlenDronach, so that's a safe bet;
    - Really loved the Benriach The Twelve (one of the highlights of 2020), so really looking forward to trying The Smoky Twelve;
    - Never had Arran (heard only good things about it) and really do like Port Cask finishes, so equally looking forward to that

Anyone who can vouch for the latter two?

Sent from my SM-G770F using Tapatalk
    I

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the Arran, I've a GD and a BR however I've yet to try the island whisky and I'm also very short on port cask options in the collection as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidsteruk View Post
    I liked the Signet. Thought it stood up well Vs the 18 yr old
    This is actually the first Glenmorangie I've ever bought

Grand Master

As an aside, I need to work out a reliable way of pouring my own blinds. It's possible to purchase black/opaque glasses so that colour won't influence opinion, I'm thinking that I could place some tape on the base with a number corresponding to the spirit, pour a measure into each glass and then mix the glasses like the ball-under-cup magic trick until I lose track as to which glass is which. Hmmm...
    get the other half to pour for you into opaque glasses?
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!