closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 76 of 83 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,800 of 4127

Thread: Whiskey

Quote Originally Posted by mk2driver View Post
    I just received a bottle of Redbreast 12 which I’m looking forward to sampling later
    Nice drop that, you can see my bottle amongst the others.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    Thanks for the comments, guys

Yeah, there are a few Islays there and one or two other peat-smoked whiskies, which is why I've just ordered two complete contrasts to the typical Islay despite saying an hour or two ago I'd add a couple more... I can't remember ever having a port cask spirit in the collection so there are two on the way, Tomatin's 14 (my first ever Tomatin, I think) and a GlenDronach, the 10 rather than the NAS.

Looking forward to trying them
    I like the pictures of the Islay distilleries on the bottom shelf, are they photos or illustrations?.

Quote Originally Posted by smoz View Post
    I like the pictures of the Islay distilleries on the bottom shelf, are they photos or illustrations?.
    They're prints from here - https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/RainyDa...g_id=815160808
    I have the 4 Islay distilleries I've visited (Laphroaig, Ardbeg, Lagavulin and Bowmore) though hope to add more in the future. They'll be framed and wall mounted when I get the time, the lower shelves will then be for books.

This evenings cold remedy

Two of these are mine, the other 8 I picked up earlier this evening. Tomorrow night 5 of us have arranged another online blind tasting session where we each provide 2 bottles for each of the others with nothing but our initials on them, we won't know what we've drunk until each bottle is finished. We've arranged a few of these now, we'd rather meet for real though we'll wait until this C19 palaver is done with.

Might have a sore head Friday morning!

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Master
    Finally got my drinks collection in one place!

56 bottles in all, 40 of which are whisky. I'll be looking to see if there's anything interesting in the sales tonight and fancy getting in a couple more Islays I'm yet to try.

A handsome collection!

Is there a PX Cask among them? - a favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by A.Pottinger View Post
    A handsome collection!

Is there a PX Cask among them? - a favourite.
    Cheers!

The GlenAllachie 15 is part Oloroso part PX and the BenRiach 21 is 4 casks including PX, there may be another one or two in there as well though I'm pretty sure I don't have a PX as the only cask used. I'll need to check my Signatory bottling of Edradour, though.

I've only had a measure of the GA up to now (though it's in my blind selection for tonight) though I really enjoyed it, the BR is OK though for the same money I may venture elsewhere when that bottle is done.

Opened this tonight. Plenty of sherry and complex taste but not quite as smooth as I expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a few bottles this Christmas, this Welsh whisky from my daughter that I’m going to try tonight and two Irish, a 10 year old Bushmills and a Jamesons Black Barrel which are both still to be opened.

I am a big fan of Penderyn Legend which is a lovely drop Greg, one of my favourites. I haven't really enjoyed any other whiskies from Penderyn, but I haven't tried that one. Please let me know if you like it.

Craftsman
    A friend of kind borrowed my Range Rover sport over Christmas for a trip up to Inverness

He brought me back a bottle of Highland Park 10

I’m normally more of an Irish whiskey fan but enjoyed it - not too peaty which is normally what puts me off some scotch

Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    I am a big fan of Penderyn Legend which is a lovely drop Greg, one of my favourites. I haven't really enjoyed any other whiskies from Penderyn, but I haven't tried that one. Please let me know if you like it.
    I really enjoyed it Simon, I found it very easy to drink. I was very pleasantly surprised but I haven’t tried any of their other whiskies.

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    I really enjoyed it Simon, I found it very easy to drink. I was very pleasantly surprised but I haven’t tried any of their other whiskies.
    Thanks, mate, it's on the buy list We have a Penderyn distillery a few miles down the road, I will have to pay them a visit soon.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    Thanks, mate, it's on the buy list We have a Penderyn distillery a few miles down the road, I will have to pay them a visit soon.
    i've not opened it yet, but i got one of these for xmas, a good way to try a few penderyns! it's been on offer recently at amazon at about £24 so worth keeping an eye on. 3x 20cl bottles.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Penderyn-Si...1855873&sr=8-6
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Got this for Christmas along with my Grandfather’s regimental Whisky glass

Currently enjoying a dram of Clynelish 14 y.o.
    Perfectly acceptable and reasonable price-wise, I think I paid £35 for it.

Blog Entries
    I’ve recently restocked with the addition of a couple of English whiskies…

z

I found that the Cotswolds benefits from standing in the glass for a few minutes to let some of the spirit clear, as it's a bit young. After that it's a lovely tipple.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post

Got this for Christmas along with my Grandfather’s regimental Whisky glass

That glass is a lovely touch…

Sláinte!

Master
    Sláinte!

Superb! Received a bottle as Christmas gift and am yet to open it!

Two organic Danish Mosgaards to try tonight. Oloroso (batch 9) and Pedro Ximinex (batch 8).

Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    Superb! Received a bottle as Christmas gift and am yet to open it!
    Mine was bought for me very nearly 9 years ago, I'll spare the whys and wherefores however I only broke the seal this time last year. It's a very fine whisky IMO, enjoy yours when you get to open it.

Chin chin.

Grand Master
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Laphroaig's 10 CS and a sherry cask ordered this morning, a first purchase for both though I've sampled a friend's sherry cask and thought it worth a bottle. Put a Compass Box in the basket as well, my first ever from them, this one's a grain blend.

They'll be with me tomorrow hopefully, 'photo to follow then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    Two organic Danish Mosgaards to try tonight. Oloroso (batch 9) and Pedro Ximinex (batch 8).

Yay? Or nay? Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

The latest haul, including a Balvenie from the GF for Valentines.

Popped away for a few days and took some bits, all delicious!

Yay? Or nay? Would be interested to hear your thoughts.
    I’d probably have to say nay, purely based on cost per litre. £56 for 50cl

Although they are both NAS they need time to breathe once poured. The first taste on both (without breathing) was very bitter, but after 15 minutes they settled and came into their own. Both nice and sweet.

The Oloroso was my preference of the two, which was a little bit of a surprise as I thought I’d prefer the PX.

Certainly something I’d drink again, but with someone else’s money.

I’m glad I tried them though.

^^^ It's always a gamble trying new bottlings, maybe even more so from a distillery never tried before. Doesn't sound like a complete write-off though, thankfully.

^^^ It's always a gamble trying new bottlings, maybe even more so from a distillery never tried before. Doesn't sound like a complete write-off though, thankfully.
    Absolutely. I’d happily drink yours.

Whisky aficionados with a penchant for military memorabilia may be interested in this rather special bottle of 22 SAS Bunnahabhain 12 Year Islay Single Malt currently being auctioned for charity on SC (UK shipping only).

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...harity-Auction
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Evening, afraid I cant reply to the SC thread however put me down for £150.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanKing View Post
    Evening, afraid I cant reply to the SC thread however put me down for £150.
    Many thanks indeed, that is much appreciated. I'll monitor this thread and accept bids by PM for those without posting access to SC.

There has now been a higher bidder, so huge thanks to them as well!

M
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Well that'll be the end of that particular bottle, then...

Well that'll be the end of that particular bottle, then...

That's a great shot. I thought it was a promo image!

Received these as gifts today. Both super smooth and the Signet goes down like apple juice !!

Grand Master
    finishing off a few near empty bottles, so it's Talisker 10 followed by Caol Ila 12 tonight. new bottle arrived today, Deanston 18 year old. never tried a Deanston before!
    I've got a £50 amazon voucher to spend, any recommendations for something interesting? especially from outside my comfort zone of peated islays.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    finishing off a few near empty bottles, so it's Talisker 10 followed by Caol Ila 12 tonight. new bottle arrived today, Deanston 18 year old. never tried a Deanston before!
    I've got a £50 amazon voucher to spend, any recommendations for something interesting? especially from outside my comfort zone of peated islays.
    If you want to add about £15 you should be able to get a Glenallachie 15 - lovely sherry bomb whisky

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Glenallchie 15 is a great shout and I’ll add a vote for the 12 as well which I also really like.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bendigits View Post
    Glenallchie 15 is a great shout and I’ll add a vote for the 12 as well which I also really like.

I prefer the core 12 GA to the 15, the latest release of 12 has been excellent

Also consider the Bunna 12 subscribe and save £35 and change

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

GA 15 is a fair shout though it's the only GA I have so can't compare to others from the distillery, others I'd recommend are -

Ledaig 10 (still some peat however it's tempered and not an Islay)
    Amrut Fusion (as above)
    Tomatin 14 Port Cask
    Arran 10
    Balvenie 14 Caribbean Cask
    Edradour Signatory Bottling

You may have to add a little for one or two of those though I'd say they're worth it and I'd probably recommend the Edradour over the others as they're single cask offerings therefore offer something that could be considered a touch more unique. Mine's cask 241, other casks are out there.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Edradour-20...s%2C342&sr=8-3

Cannot believe how quickly I have got through this. Very enjoyable and will finish it off tonight

Grand Master
    food for thought, thank you. i've been looking at the Ledaig and also Edradour, albeit a distillery bottling. i'm tempted to try something canadian or americam though to add something a bit different, or maybe an irish pot still.

GA 15 is a fair shout though it's the only GA I have so can't compare to others from the distillery, others I'd recommend are -

Ledaig 10 (still some peat however it's tempered and not an Islay)
    Amrut Fusion (as above)
    Tomatin 14 Port Cask
    Arran 10
    Balvenie 14 Caribbean Cask
    Edradour Signatory Bottling

You may have to add a little for one or two of those though I'd say they're worth it and I'd probably recommend the Edradour over the others as they're single cask offerings therefore offer something that could be considered a touch more unique. Mine's cask 241, other casks are out there.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Edradour-20...s%2C342&sr=8-3
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Master
    Went for a bite to eat in a Ski gondola today, a bit chilly. So, it’s Auchentoshan American Oak to warm me up now I’m back home from Edinburgh.
    Not the most exotic of tipples, but I like it and I’m trying to make room in the whisky bar for some others… so may have to have a few of these tonight.

Andy.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gorrie View Post
    Went for a bite to eat in a Ski gondola today, a bit chilly. So, it’s Auchentoshan American Oak to warm me up now I’m back home from Edinburgh.
    Not the most exotic of tipples, but I like it and I’m trying to make room in the whisky bar for some others… so may have to have a few of these tonight.

Andy.
    Some lovely whiskies there, that Johnnie Walker XR is rich like a good XO Cognac, quite different to the rest of the JW range. That no-age-statement Glenlivet isn’t great, don’t let it put you off the Glenlivet, the 12yo and up are all excellent,

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by gorrie View Post

Andy.
    That piano conversion into a whisky/drinks cabinet with lighting is genius.

Master
    @Valkyrie…. both the JW XR and the Glenlivet Founders Reserve were gifted to me by parents of kids I’ve coached. I’ve got a Dalmore 15 waiting to go on the top shelf, so it sounds like I should probably move the Glenlivet to the bottom in order to make way. I tend to keep bourbon and whisky that I’m happy to use in longer drinks down the bottom.

@Skier… thanks, glad you like it. Was quite fun to convert it. I also converted a 1920s Columbia Gramafone to a Gin bar for the wife which was pretty cool, but we ended up selling it.

Andy.

Had this bottle for a month or so now however tonight is the opening night.