closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: First track action of 2024 in the Caterham 620S - Donington Park

First track action of 2024 in the Caterham 620S - Donington Park

Donington Park National Circuit.

Damp start to the day, but then it dried up nicely.

I had two friends with me enjoying passenger laps.

https://youtu.be/xTQ_otULSNo

Just 3 cars quicker than me on the day. A Lotus Exige 430 Cup, another Lotus Exige with a 460 BHP upgrade running super sticky tyres & a Cayman GT4 RS

Still nowhere near what the Caterham is capable of, but that's the challenge I set myself.
    Last edited by andy tims; Today at 10:19.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Blog Entries
    Nice video! Thanks.

Cool :)

Excellent bit of "jockeying" there, excellent circuit and excellent car. Love it !!!

Enjoyed that, thanks. You make it look easy.

The camera didn't appear to be fixed - what was going on there?

That Cayman at the end was in a hurry to get past the Caterham. What was the proper track etiquette there?

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post

That Cayman at the end was in a hurry to get past the Caterham. What was the proper track etiquette there?
    Cheers. I have been doing track days a fair while.

Not quite sure what you mean about the camera? It's firmly clamped to the roll bar.

The green Caterham was not watching his mirrors properly and should have moved over sooner. You should check your mirrors (at least) after every corner & if you see a car close behind that wasn't there the corner before, it's faster & you should move over as soon as it's safe to do so.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

If it is anything like my DJi Osmo Action 4 , it will have a setting like "rocksteady" which tends to keep the view steady irrespective of the car's movements, within reason, there is also a Horizon Leveling setting which keeps the horizon level within up to 45 degrees tilt, clever, but does reduce the frame size a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Not quite sure what you mean about the camera? It's firmly clamped to the roll bar.
    The rear view mirror appears to move relative to the centre of the picture, and I expected it to be in a fixed position relative to the camera?

The rear view mirror appears to move relative to the centre of the picture, and I expected it to be in a fixed position relative to the camera?
    The camera does appear to pan left and right.

Great video though and the National circuit too which is, IMHO, much better than the full circuit with the Melbourne Loop.

Out of interest, what lap times were you achieving?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    The camera does appear to pan left and right.
    I see what you mean. The camera itself certainly doesn't move. GoPro voodoo at work.

Great video though and the National circuit too which is, IMHO, much better than the full circuit with the Melbourne Loop.
    Cheers & I definitely agree that the National is much nicer for cars - just flows better, but the Melbourne Loop is a great overtaking opportunity on bikes. Without the need to slow such a heavy vehicle, hairpins are actually OK on bikes to my mind.

Out of interest, what lap times were you achieving?
    Best was a 1:21.4 with lots of other 1:21's & low 1:22's when not held up by traffic.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

I always preferred the National circuit on a bike too (never driven a car round the circuit). It just seems to flow a lot better and there are still more than enough places to pass slower riders.