closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3373818283
Results 4,101 to 4,123 of 4123

Thread: Whiskey

Journeyman
    I'll probably get flamed by the cognoscenti, but it's worth mentioning. Seeing the comments on single malt prices going mental. As an every day blend, you can't go wrong with JW Black Label. Tesco have it for £22 with Clubcard so I bought 4 bottles.

Grand Master
    Restocked for the month

RIAC

This, rather splendid IMHO, tipple this evening:

A

Grand Master
    Master Of Malt are doing 3 for 2’s quite often on certain ranges, I got 3 Ledaig Sinclair Series last week for £70. This week it’s Douglas Laing and Loch Lomond. They also have a an extra tenner off via recommend a friend, if anyone wants to use the link below we both get a tenner voucher off which can be used with the above.
    masterofmalt.com/?referafriend=a4facf77-94ca-4814-8737-5e22dd7f3d73
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Quote Originally Posted by gorrie View Post
    Happened to be passing the Glengoyne distillery today. As I don’t think I’ve ever had a bottle from them I thought I’d pop in.

Had a wee taste of the 12 which was quite agreeable. They had a boxed set with glass called Time Keeper (apt for here).. so I thought it would be rude not to get the wallet out.

Andy.
    The 21 is fabulous. A good friend gave me a bottle for my retirement and I have enjoyed every last sip

Blog Entries
    Just ordered this on a Black Friday deal

I think someone on here recommended it?

Deal: Clynelish 14 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky | 46% Vol | 70cl | Coastal Highland Whisky with Island Style | Single Malt Whisky | Best Served Neat | Long Finish | for Festive Gifting https://amzn.eu/d/6zBr5wj

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Wolff View Post
    The 21 is fabulous. A good friend gave me a bottle for my retirement and I have enjoyed every last sip
    Find core range easy drinkable but underwhelming, the 25 year old is outstanding though

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Just enjoying a wee dram of Torabhaig Allt Gleann. 46% ABV Skye whisky.

Very smooth, lots of toffee, honey and smoke. A very agreeable drop that doesn't need, (or improve), with water.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

I wasn't expecting too much from this but it has turned out to be a really nice, smooth and sweet tipple.

Would definitely buy again

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    I wasn't expecting too much from this but it has turned out to be a really nice, smooth and sweet tipple.

Had a sample bottle of that and loved it when in the mood for icing sugar; it was a very enjoyable dram. I definitely needed to have some variety around it though as it was far too drinkable.

Master
    Seem to have taken a liking to this recently, very smooth and just a hint of vanilla

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post

I too enjoyed that.
    RIAC

Craftsman
    Why aren’t there much whisky deals on Black Friday like previous years, anymore

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by guli View Post
    Head to Master of Malt, they have quite a few.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Quote Originally Posted by Weirdfish View Post
    Seem to have taken a liking to this recently, very smooth and just a hint of vanilla
    Heard about this, would like to try it at some point. Welsh whisky, nice

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Heard about this, would like to try it at some point. Welsh whisky, nice

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
    It’s on offer in Morrisons and on Amazon at the moment, very reasonable compared to others.

I've had the Legend, Celt, Myth and Madeira. I'd say the Madeira was the best, with Legend second. The other two were forgetable.

Quote Originally Posted by Weirdfish View Post

Quote Originally Posted by guli View Post
    Were the USA tariffs lifted in the last year?

another vote for just about anything Balvenie.

and a vote to avoid just about everything penderyn - used to live near there and send out bottles for rugby stuff and birthdays (as a 'well i live in wales and this is what we got' haha effort) - then after a distillery visit i stopped - the raw spirit tastes ok but their finishing is very very poor. a few words told me they aim now at the export (mostly french???) market as an aperitif - jesus wept !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbaddes View Post

and a vote to avoid just about everything penderyn - used to live near there and send out bottles for rugby stuff and birthdays (as a 'well i live in wales and this is what we got' haha effort) - then after a distillery visit i stopped - the raw spirit tastes ok but their finishing is very very poor. a few words told me they aim now at the export (mostly french???) market as an aperitif - jesus wept !!!
    I have to disagree with you there. True, on my first visit about ten years ago they didn't really know what they were doing - similar to St George's in Norfolk - they were selling lots of "spirit" and finishing in Jim Beam casks (which impart a horrible tang, especially when young), but I visited again last Summer and was so impressed I must have spent £400 in their shop, their Madeira finish in particular is fantastic. The standard style bottles were still a bit underwhelming, but all of the new series (in the sculpted bottles with the black boxes) were brilliant.

Since last Summer I've drunk everything I bought there, and bought at least 3 more when I've seen them in Waitrose. Their peated expression is very interesting - they don't use peated barley, but add a peated finish in the cask. Not quite fit to grace the same shelf as my Octomores, but perfect at the price point of around £40.

Just enjoyed a large glass of 18 year old Glen Moray. Absolutely gorgeous but, alas, all gone! Need to add to the shopping list.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Craftsman
    I'm half way through a bottle of Bunnahabhain Stiuireadair and I'm really enjoying it! I received a 25% off voucher for blended whiskys from the Lakes distillery today. I've always thought that single malt was best but a little research suggests that blended whiskys can be great too. Has anyone tried the lakes blended whiskys (the one)? They seem to have good reviews and the sherry cask sounds appetising !

Blog Entries
    I was lucky enough to get a quick tour & tasting at this new distillery after work yesterday. So I had to pick up a couple of examples :

The tasting room is still under construction, but is expected to open in May.

Well worth a visit if you are in IL.

z