closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sell 3 to fund 1?

Sell 3 to fund 1?

Hi -

I currently have 3 vintage watches at the moment - a 1980 5513 with service redial, a GMT 1675 from 1965, and a 1968 Tudor sub.

My question is - woud you sell the 3 to fund one piece such as a 1680 /red sub/stretch to an Orange hand Explorer - or keep the present 3?

So a simple question - stick or twist?

Thanks

TTPS

Master

Re: Sell 3 to fund 1?

It depends upon what else you have to wear. If you've got some other day to day watches, then I think it's certainly a serious consideration. If you wear all these daily and your replacement would be an everyday watch I would say keep the 3 and share the wear.

Master

Sell, you can only wear one :lol:

Grand Master

Keep, those 3 a worth far more (not just money) than the 1 ..
    /vince ..

Keep them, you'd be mad to sell. But then again the fact you are here suggests a form of madness! :wink:
    F.T.F.A.

I would stick with the 3 beautiful watches. Would you really gain that much from having 1 alternative?

Of course the fact that you are asking the question means you probably already have a plan.....

Keep, while you have them!! Save up a bit longer for the next one.

I'm all for upgrading usually but you have three very nice watches there already......... :?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master

Keep them, and start saving imo.

I think I'd keep what you have although I might flog the tudor if I needed money in my fighting fund to buy the Explorer as well :)
    "I looked with pity not untinged with scorn upon these trivial-minded passers-by"

Master
    Keep the 3. At the moment your risk is spread over three watches. Considering the variety displayed it would take a very broad market change to take a nett loss. Further, you also receive the gain that is applicable to all three at various times.

keep the 3, i am sure they all have some memories attached to each!

Grand Master

I did this not that long ago, although i should say i turned 3 watches into 1 watch and then the leftover cash went on something else.

The best bit is that you get to buy something that little bit special, the worst point is you worry as everything is now rolled into one, anything goes wrong and it's expensive and problematic.

I'd have to say the right Red Sub would be worth it, if it's a metres first then i'd go for it, the 3 you have aren't that rare to be honest, the 5513 is the most popular and widespread vintage, the 1675 is something that doesn't really have the same following or prices and the Tudor again is something that will tend to flounder at the same price.

The Red Sub as it's a bit rarer will be the best bet to gain anything in future, i'm positive that there will be a drop in the prices of vintage at some point, but not overall, i think that those vintage watches that are either not in good condition or not rare will start to dip a little, there is no problem in getting hold of a 5513 or 1675 so i'd think both of those will struggle to gain any momentum, whereas a metres first red sub is still not an easy thing to get hold off, especially in good condition and for me that is the kind of watch that will continue to hold its value and may rise.

Journeyman

Keep them, all are great watches, and you are bound to regret it eventually . All the eggs in one basket ?

I can not tell you what I think about these specific three watches, but I can tell that I have sold nine watches in the past to get one, I no longer have!

Stand back and look at it for a second - You've got a nice vintage sub already, but you want another with red letters on the dial, so you'll part with 3 nice pieces to get that one with red lettering.

I wouldn't - but if you've convinced yourself you really need a red sub you'll do what's necessary.

Chris.

Until I saw what you were considerign sellijg I would have said YES - but they are all lovley pieces that might be hard to replace in the same condition - take your time and save the cash and have 4 instead :)
    It's just a matter of time...

Master

Stick

If you can`t part with all three why not just sell two.
    I would keep the radial 1675 to partner the red 1680. 8)

Keep the 3 watches, that is my honest opinion

Grand Master

I`d sell the Tudor and keep the Rolexes. Can`t see the attraction of a Red sub vs the one you already have.....I don`t really get it with vintage Subs.

paul

I would advise to stick with 3. Variety is always a plus.

Are you bored of the ones you have? Do you wear them a lot? If not, you may as well. Personally I prefer variety, but an orange hand 1655 would be SO tempting *drool*.