closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SKX007 Bracelet or Super Oyster (Yokobies/Harold)

SKX007 Bracelet or Super Oyster (Yokobies/Harold)

I'd appreciate your opinions on the two options in terms of quality. I'm about to place an order for a 007 from Harold, and for an extra $10 I can get it on one of his Super Oyster bracelets (or an extra $40 with solid end links as well).

What's the quality of the stock 007 bracelet like. Is it as good as the Monster bracelet?

Is the upgrade to the Super Oyster worthwhile, and what benefit would the solid end links offer?

Apologies for all the questions, but your experienced opinions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Zac

Re: SKX007 Bracelet or Super Oyster (Yokobies/Harold)

The stock 007 bracelet is a bit rubbish, frankly. It works, but it's kind of thin and tinny. Absolutely nowhere near as good as the Monster one. I've had one of the super oysters in the past and they're far better, adding solid end links would be even better.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

I have one of Harold's super oyster's on my SKX07 and its well worth the extra. It just looks and feels better than the jubilee bracelet that comes with it.

Thanks for the confirmation guys; I'll be placing my order shortly :wink:

Craftsman

tsar, thanks for your post, I have been thinking the same question for a while.
    Where can I get a Super Oyster bracelet in the UK? I may need to start a fresh thread...
    Thanks
    Scouter

Master

Quote Originally Posted by rgee
    I have one of Harold's super oyster's on my SKX07 and its well worth the extra. It just looks and feels better than the jubilee bracelet that comes with it.
    yep....had a couple of harold....top quality

Scouter, I haven't come across any suppliers in the UK. Harold/Yobokies supplies them(yobokies@yahoo.com.hk), and also a guy called William from Canada (WJean@richtree.ca),

The main difference, someone please correct me if I'm wrong, is that the solid end links Harold supplies don't take the Seiko 'fat' spring bars, and the bracelet tapers to 18mm at the clasp.

William supplies solid end links that accept the 'fat' spring bars, and the bracelet tapers to 20mm at the clasp.

Hope that helps.

Craftsman

Ilike the supers on my 007J n 009J

but of the jubilee sort! :)

Very substantial in make.

Have just ordered one from William so looking forward to seeing what they are like.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Holtom
    Have just ordered one from William so looking forward to seeing what they are like.
    I had one, not too bad but it doesn't take fat springbars, so it rattles and will also scratch the caseback. If you tell him you're a member here you get 10% discount.

Sould make the watch feel better overall than the original strap though.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Holtom
    Sould make the watch feel better overall than the original strap though.
    I can't comment compared to the original bracelet as mine came on a Z22 rubber, which if you can find a genuine flat vented one, is the best option for this watch.

the 007 comes on three types of bracelets and one strap. The Z type rubber/plastic strap which is highly uncomfortable...if you have to have this type of strap, search for the older "flat wrinkle" one that the 031 comes with. Personally I prefer this watch on a NATO style strap.

the three bracelets are a jublee type, which has a full clasp, the oyster bracelet with a half clasp and the oyster/president type with a full clasp. I have the first two, and the jublee is by far the most comfortable and the full clasp with several micro adjustment holes that allow you to adjust the fit to your wrist. The end links are hollow as are the center pieces.

The oyster is nice, but has a half clasp with only two holes to allow fine adjustment. End pieces are hollow too. It looks nice and is quite solid, but the lack of the fine adjustment holes makes it a bit less easy to fit, at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Pir
    the 007 comes on three types of bracelets and one strap. The Z type rubber/plastic strap which is highly uncomfortable...if you have to have this type of strap, search for the older "flat wrinkle" one that the 031 comes with. Personally I prefer this watch on a NATO style strap.

the three bracelets are a jublee type, which has a full clasp, the oyster bracelet with a half clasp and the oyster/president type with a full clasp. I have the first two, and the jublee is by far the most comfortable and the full clasp with several micro adjustment holes that allow you to adjust the fit to your wrist. The end links are hollow as are the center pieces.

The oyster is nice, but has a half clasp with only two holes to allow fine adjustment. End pieces are hollow too. It looks nice and is quite solid, but the lack of the fine adjustment holes makes it a bit less easy to fit, at least for me.
    The super oyster I had came with a four hole clasp at extra cost.

Craftsman

I have tried a huge no. of straps with my Seiko and the one that gets the most comments (positive I hasten to add) is a black Rhino strap. Try it out you may be converted away from the bracelets.

Whatever you do if you already have the jubillee keep it, i've tried the whole gamut of Seiko bracelets and straps and revert to orignal every time.

It is by far the most comfortable and, given the value it offers, completely in keeping with the watch.

Journeyman

My recommendation would be William Jeans' new type II super oyster bracelet. I have owned a few of the regular super oysters (with and without Harold's solid end links), and they are great quality too, much better than the stock bracelet for sure. However, William's new one is even better yet.

I have never been able to get Harold's solid end links to fit properly, and even the folded end links have left me with the impression that they were not specifically designed for the SKX007. I have also never liked the idea of using regular spring bars on these watches. William's new bracelet addresses both of these issues - it takes fat bars and the end links fit much better too.

The taper (to 20mm vs. 18mm) on the type II super oyster is a mater of taste, but it gives the bracelet some extra heft, which I feel goes well with the SKX007.

My only complaint with the type II super oyster is that the new end links do not match the profile of the case perfectly - they stick out past the lugs a little. Although, it's not all that noticeable.

BTW, I have NO affiliation with William. I am just a happy customer.

Quote Originally Posted by cobalta70
    My recommendation would be William Jeans' new type II super oyster bracelet. I have owned a few of the regular super oysters (with and without Harold's solid end links), and they are great quality too, much better than the stock bracelet for sure. However, William's new one is even better yet.

I have never been able to get Harold's solid end links to fit properly, and even the folded end links have left me with the impression that they were not specifically designed for the SKX007. I have also never liked the idea of using regular spring bars on these watches. William's new bracelet addresses both of these issues - it takes fat bars and the end links fit much better too.

The taper (to 20mm vs. 18mm) on the type II super oyster is a mater of taste, but it gives the bracelet some extra heft, which I feel goes well with the SKX007.

My only complaint with the type II super oyster is that the new end links do not match the profile of the case perfectly - they stick out past the lugs a little. Although, it's not all that noticeable.

BTW, I have NO affiliation with William. I am just a happy customer.
    I was looking at William's new type II on eBay today and was quite tempted, but he only appears to have the two hole clasp version available now.