closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top gear new series

Master

Re: Top gear new series

Quote Originally Posted by Omegary
    Strange that Paul, my wife loves TG too, it must be one of the only motoring programmes that attracts a large female audience. I watch 5th gear too but the missus is not remotely interesting, despite them nicking most of TG's format.

Thoroughly enjoyed last night's installment :thumbleft:.

Cheers,

Gary
    I think that 5th gear is OK but they lack the rapport between presenters and it is obvious that they are "trying too hard". I know not everyone likes TG but 5th gear is terrible when compared with TG..... and why is it that I cannot stand Vicky Butler Henderson (or whatever her name is). I know she is a great driver but her voice just cuts through me!!

5th gear is a little more down to earth though with some good side by side road tests of everyday cars rather than TG that generally has 80%+ of cars that you will probably never be able to afford or would not want to own for fear of looking a complete knob.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by gingerboy
    But in faitness the 911 was on a "wet" lap..........
    It was wet for the BMW's lap as well (don't know why they didn't have a (W) against it's time).

Agreed but I quite like VBH, I think she's got a dirty laugh , haven't seen her for a while on 5th gear though.

The best part of the show is the Tiff v Jason slot. They have a great deal of respect for each other but there's a bit of needle / micky taking too which makes for good rapport and viewing. In general though I think their policy it to try and appeal to the man on the street with more affordable cars/ consumer advice etc.

Cheers,

Gary

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Omegary
    Agreed but I quite like VBH, I think she's got a dirty laugh , haven't seen her for a while on 5th gear though.

The best part of the show is the Tiff v Jason slot. They have a great deal of respect for each other but there's a bit of needle / micky taking too which makes for good rapport and viewing. In general though I think their policy it to try and appeal to the man on the street with more affordable cars/ consumer advice etc.

Cheers,

Gary
    Massive respect for both Tiff and Jason however Tiff is a complete tool :D :lol: that said so is Clarkson.... but without the god like driving ability of Tiff

Grand Master

I watch it & enjoy it .. it's a light hearted look at cars with some humourous dialogue thrown in ..
    /vince ..

Blog Entries

Last night was one of the more enjoyable TGs without all the 'boys' pranks' - the selection of cars in Constanza was bl.... amazing - bit like Monaco !
    Wonder who the owners were (local meeting of the black leather jacket brigade ?) :twisted:

The MB v/BMW - bear in mind the Merc was AMG tuned/prepared whilst the Beemer was a standard version, not tweeked by Alpina or an 'M' version, now if THAT had been the case :twisted: :twisted:

Quote Originally Posted by ingenioren
    Last night was one of the more enjoyable TGs without all the 'boys' pranks' - the selection of cars in Constanza was bl.... amazing - bit like Monaco !
    Wonder who the owners were (local meeting of the black leather jacket brigade ?) :twisted:
    You see those types of cars every day in the former Soviet countries! Kiev is the most jaw-dropping place i've been for cars, even better than Dubai :wink:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry
    You see those types of cars every day in the former Soviet countries! Kiev is the most jaw-dropping place i've been for cars, even better than Dubai :wink:
    So it's not only on top of the range villas here on C Brava they are 'washing' their 'legit' earnings ... :twisted:

So it's not only on top of the range villas here on C Brava they are 'washing' their 'legit' earnings ... :twisted:
    Indeed, the amount of private jets parked at Kiev airport is a shocker too!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerboy
    But in faitness the 911 was on a "wet" lap..........
    It was wet for the BMW's lap as well (don't know why they didn't have a (W) against it's time).

Because JC doesn't appreciate/like Beemers at the best of times, hence when placing the 'W' on the Merc's time doesn't look soooo bad in comparison :wink:

Sorry, but, I really do think Top gear is the BEST inane rubbish on the capitalist brainwashing machine that TV has become.....Clarkson is really superb and I know I am moron for saying it but the program really makes me laugh....and I love cars.

Sorry again!!

that Dacia (if that's how you spell it) Sandero is a real stunner, put the Stig in it :D

Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger
    that Dacia (if that's how you spell it) Sandero is a real stunner, put the Stig in it :D
    I thought it was a rather handsome thing, especuially the front lights/grille :)

Quote Originally Posted by thusspoke
    Sorry, but, I really do think Top gear is the BEST inane rubbish on the capitalist brainwashing machine that TV has become.....Clarkson is really superb and I know I am moron for saying it but the program really makes me laugh....and I love cars.

Sorry again!!
    Never apologise for loving TG and finding Clarkson amusing. His detractors, the programme's detractors, hate cars and driving and can be found hogging the middle lane of the M4 doing 55mph.

I must say i quite like it. Yes, it's a matter of personal taste but that 's why we have an off button. Just a quick one about Jeremy Clarkson, earlier in the thread it was mentioned about his wage though no figures came up. He may be paid a lot more than members of the Armed Forces and Nurses but that wage allows him to do great deal of work for charities including A LOT for Help for Heroes. He does'nt spout about it but i met him having a sly fag at a Help For Heroes do (he's a patron) and a nicer more genuine bloke you never met. We had a chin wag and there was some 'ribbing' but he is now in my 'Fantasy Top ten people to go on a pub crawl with'. His on screen persona can be a touch irritating but in the real world he's a tireless fund and awareness raiser. On a parr with Johnny Depp and the work he did for Great Ormond Street Childrens Hospital.