closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PRS17-C -- Photos

PRS17-C -- Photos

Received my PRS17-C from Eddie this morning and thought I would post a few hastily snapped photos!

When I was searching the forum for images of this model there didn't seem to be too many (plenty of the other PRS17 models which are presumably more popular).

The watch was kindly supplied to me with a silicone strap, as requested, rather than the Nato (I am not a fan of Nato straps).
    With hindsight though I think I need to purchase a better quality strap which is more in keeping with the quality of the watch itself :lol:

First impressions are good -- the size will take a little getting used to as my other watches tend to be larger. Being smaller though was one my requirements when choosing this particular watch - hopefully I'll adjust :)

The second hand of the chrono doesn't quite line up with the second markers on the dial (as can be seen in one of the photos below). I'm not sure whether or not I should expect it to or not at this price point?

Journeyman

Re: PRS17-C -- Photos

Lovely watch and nice pics.
    Have one of these myself and sure you will enjoy owning it.

Good photos.
    The second hand does line up on mine. The movement is quality and you should expect it especially on a chrono.

Master

Mine is normally on one of Eddies brown or black open-ended aviators, looks good on both.

It is a lovely watch. I think it's one I would use a lot.

with a baby on the way all my "play" money is going to towards the nursery :(

Have you tried adjusting the chrono seconds hand in accordance with the procedure on the instructions? I haven't had one which didn't line up before so perhaps you could try whizzing the seconds hand around the dial a couple of times.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Blog Entries

The 17C the Timefactors watch I've had the longest & I love it. Perfect for activities such as gym, squash, hillwalking etc, as well as at work, where a chrono is used daily.

The only trouble I had was when doing heavy gardening, when the chrono sub-dial hands would go out of alignment. Easy to reset, but but I now use a G-Shock for that, really heavy-duty, wear.

Great on a NATO and a Lumpy, and a Di-Modell Jumbo. Enjoy wearing it.

Craftsman

nice photos.

You'll grow to love the watch - mine is my watch for every day!
    I wear a CWC divers with much wabi for rough jobs and a Hamilton khaki on a sharkshin deployment for dress wear but the 17C on a Hadley Roma bracelet is my "street cred" choice.

regards,

David

I'd like one of these if they were bigger. Think they look best on Eddie's rally strap.

Hi guys -- I agree I can see the watch getting a lot of use. The dial is lovely and clear for a chrono and the timing functions of the movement are superb -- like a digital quartz stopwatch but with the analogue face. :)

Eddie -- I have tried zipping the chrono seconds round a couple of times (by holding the button down) as suggested but it continues to be out ever so slightly (as you can see in the picture above or maybe I'm just going cross-eyed :lol: )

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo697
    I'd like one of these if they were bigger. Think they look best on Eddie's rally strap.
    They do look good on a rally, you'r eright.

As for size - well, the small case size is great for an "everyday" watch as it doesn't get knocked about & come into contact with objects. The Lemania-style central minutes hand makes it a lot easier to read than a big Breitling using a 7750 subdial layout.

I had a Breitling B1 and in a way, the 17C is more versatile - you can see the date & time 2 things at the same time!

Christ, Nik, you must have a heavy grade of soil in that garden :)

I have a B1 and a 17C (searches for "smug bastard" emoticon) and I kind of know what you mean - you can run two time zones and a stopwatch easily (well, I can, using my 12-hr bezel - where is that "smug bastard" emoticon?)

I like mine on a Di-Modell Aviator/Flieger but it looks pretty good too on a black NATO or a brushed lumpy...

Cheers,
    Steve

PS my hands line up fine with the indices - although I have seen a PRS18 where the hands were misaligned one side of the dial but ok the other.
    I personally think that should be a warranty claim, as surely centreing the spindle* is a manufacturing quality control issue?

Cheers,
    Steve

* Ready for flak as I have no idea whether "spindle" is the right term...

Journeyman

I like mine - the movement and hand/dial arrangement gives the impression that someone spent some time thinking about how a watch is used.

The only problem I have is that the bezel is very stiff. Is there anything I can do to free it up?

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steve264
    Christ, Nik, you must have a heavy grade of soil in that garden :)

Yes, good solid Grantham clay - broke the shaft of one fork & twisted the splines of another, before accepting that a pickaxe was the way to go :?

It's cured me of wearing any auto when doing full-on physical work. Maybe my Omega would have survived - but seeing what happened to the 17C, I wasn't going to risk it.

BTW, do you still have that Marcello GMT? If so, please PM me your address as I have found a diver extension which I think is for it.

Bought a PRS17C from Eddie last week and it has never been off my wrist. It is one of the most legible watches out there and has already attracted loads of comments. The chrono function is simply outstanding. My chrono seconds line up just fine.

The 17C is a unique watch as far as I've seen and certainly for what Eddie charges.
    First, it looks great, the yellow hands contrast brilliantly with the white and black to make reading them so easy. A seven-hand 12-hour analogue chrono in such a small, neat case is striking. When you see the movement, as I have since I've changed the battery on mine once, it's at the opposite end of the plastic module some imagine quartz watches to be. Turned brass and 29 jewels. Lovely.

I was lucky enough to pick up a 17C on Sales Corner, and it has been fantastic - reliable, accurate, legible, looks good, functions perfectly. I run it on a Bond NATO, but will likely change if for something slightly thicker.

I think this is close on my perfect day to day watch, although I actually think it is better than that!

Just off to order a black strap now!

Mark

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd post a little update on my PRS-17-C. Given that several of you had commented that the chrono counters lined up well with the dial indices I decided to send the watch back to Eddie and let him take a look. I wasn't sure if I was just being a "picky" so-and-so or not :!:

Anyway Eddie said that some mis-alignment is to be expected on the quartz but he did replace the watch for me and had it sent to me a day later. I'm much happier with the new watch as the hands (particularly the chrono seconds) do align much better.

Thanks to Eddie for sorting this out quickly. :wink:

The watch is also now on a Rally style strap.

Mine arrived today.

Master

Great photos of them. what's the strap on the PRS-17c?

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by raysablade
    Mine arrived today.

Quote Originally Posted by ronin
    what's the strap on the PRS-17c?
    A Hirsch Liberty

Craftsman

Anybody else who has a 17C with hands that don't line up properly - just do what Eddie said and follow the procedure on the leaflet! It works for Seiko 7T32 movements as well. The instructions are on the 17C section of Eddie's Precista sales page too.

Another vote for the PRS17C as mine arrived this wek and I am just amazed at the quality given the price. Will post pictures when the Toshi strap I have ordered for it arrives.

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Holtom
    Another vote for the PRS17C as mine arrived this wek and I am just amazed at the quality given the price. Will post pictures when the Toshi strap I have ordered for it arrives.
    Looking forward to seeing it on a Toshi - don't own a Toshi yet :D

Looks quite good on rubber...

M

Craftsman

Great pics on this thread!

In my mind,currently trying to decide between the 17C and the 17Q. These pics have probably driven me toward the 17C, never had a chrono so maybe that's the one. The mis-aligned date issue on the 17Q would bug me I'm sure, maybe I have OCD!

Anyway, thanks for the pics

Journeyman

Will post pictures when the Toshi strap I have ordered for it arrives.
    Has your Toshi arrived yet Paul :)

Patience, not yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by storyteller
    Will post pictures when the Toshi strap I have ordered for it arrives.
    Has your Toshi arrived yet Paul :)

Great pics, congrats :D
    "I looked with pity not untinged with scorn upon these trivial-minded passers-by"

Journeyman

Patience, not yet.
    I'm forgetting that these are handmade