closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's see your guitars

Re: Let's see your guitars

Here here to the Martin D15M, Ive had mine about 6 months, I lock it up in the case every night and the smell when I open it up is truly wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by miniman1983
    Here here to the Martin D15M, Ive had mine about 6 months, I lock it up in the case every night and the smell when I open it up is truly wonderful!
    Guitar sniffing....can't beat it. :D :lol:
    Cheers,
    Neil.

I went for a walk into town with my girlfriend today. We want a different route to the normal way and just happened to pass a music shop that was closing down. We went in for a mooch around which is always a bad plan if your trying not to spend any money.

They had this second hand Fender Stratocaster hanging on the wall. It's the colour that got me. I just love it.

The serial number dates it to 2005 and while it's not mint it's in pretty good nick. I'm very happy with it... skint but happy :D

You did right there Rob. :D

Looks beautiful, fiesta red?

Country of origin?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Interesting headstock on that one!
    I'm guessing it's Mexican by the "with synchronised tremelo".

It looks superb! 8)

You're both very good. 8) I hadn't a clue about it until i'd done a bit of googling while I was still in the shop.

It's a Mexican Fender Classic 50's Strat in Fiesta Red.

Now i'll have to learn how to play it properly :D

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir
    You're both very good. 8) I hadn't a clue about it until i'd done a bit of googling while I was still in the shop.

It's a Mexican Fender Classic 50's Strat in Fiesta Red.

Now i'll have to learn how to play it properly :D
    That's the hard bit.

I'm still trying. :lol:

I know it is not very musical of me but I have to really like the look of a guitar to want to "play" it and that looks brilliant.

Makes you want to don some specs!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Lovin this thread some serious axes :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Last week stumbled across an amazing guitarist on you tube IGOR PRESNYAKOV if you havent already seen him check him out he blew me away rekindled my passion for the guitar.

It was this thread that rekindled my interest in guitars as well after a 15 year hiatus.

I blame Foggy. :lol:
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Forgot to post pics of my latest beauty.

How remiss of me. :D

2004 LP+ in vintage sunburst.

Cheers,
    Neil.

Well, as i've just got a new amp, i thought i'd better play!

Nice selection of pedals Spencer Lee!

How do you find the Boss chorus? I've been toying with the idea for a while.

Which is the new amp Spence, the AC4 or the other little tich? :)

I'm probably going to get a downstairs amp in the near future (old Marshall valvestate is upstairs) and I am seriously looking at one of the new modelling Fender Mustangs.

Cheap with a fantastic range of sounds.

Nice SG BTW. :D
    Cheers,
    Neil.

here A picture of my ukulele 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C
    Which is the new amp Spence, the AC4 or the other little tich? :)

I'm probably going to get a downstairs amp in the near future (old Marshall valvestate is upstairs) and I am seriously looking at one of the new modelling Fender Mustangs.

Cheap with a fantastic range of sounds.

Nice SG BTW. :D
    Thanks, the Lil Night Train is the new amp. I tried loads and it came down to either the Blackheart Little Giant or the Vox Lil Night Train. The guy in the shop had the Night Train 15 so i took the opportunity to try the Lil Night Train through the 1X 12 cab for it's bigger brother (It comes with a closed back 1x10 as standard). It sounded so much better with the open backed cab and the greenbacks that i thought this is the way to go but he was'nt in a position to sell them seperately so i sourced a second hand V112NT cab and bought a Lil Night Train head seperately from another source.

I've had the AC4TV10 for a few months now and it's a great amp for home practice (it switches between 4w, 1w and 0.5w) so i got the Lil Night Train for use at work (loads more room and no one complains about the noise).

I did consider one of the modelling amps (the Vox Mini is excellent!) but i'm a sucker for valves and, as you can see, i have enough pedals at the moment! The Vox mini really impressed me with it's different modes and extra line in for a mic or MP3 player. They are only £75 so try one out.

Quote Originally Posted by will852
    How do you find the Boss chorus? I've been toying with the idea for a while.
    The Boss is nice, very flexible. Some may say too flexible but i like the way you can create your own sounds with few limitations. The EH 'Holy Grail' has some excellent sounds, really nice, but i find it a little constricting. If it has the sound you want, great. If you want to mess around, i'd go for the Boss.

Master

This is a 1944 Martin 00-18. Adirondack Spruce top and scalloped bracing. Amazing voice http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j42 ... 110802.jpg
    http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j42 ... 110804.jpg

And a rather lovely 1986 PRS Custom.

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j42 ... 110927.jpg

I thought i'd bring this thread back to the top since my new arrival got here yesterday :)

I saw this 12 String Takamine and, well, it just sort of bought itself. It's got a ding or two on the surface but then it's 12 years old according to it's serial number so I don't mind it showing a little bit of age.

I put a new set of strings on (it took me ages, bloody 12 strings) and it's got a very rounded mellow sound to it. It has a Cedar top and Rosewood back and sides. The neck seems to be Mahogony.

12 strings 'eh rob?

You're brave, although nothing sounds like them and an electro acoustic too.

Must admit I have often fancied the idea of a 12 string Ricky but it will never come to fruition as my playing isn't really up to it.

Congratulations on your new guitar, probably the first 12 stringer on this thread.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

I tried out a mates 12 string a few months ago and I loved the sound. I've been to loads of music shops trying them out since then but they are a bit niche and you only ever seem to find one or two in amongst the racks of 6 strings.

I definitely feel like i'm working for it. Stringing and tuning it was slow going and i'm going to have to work out some more to hit a couple of chords properly :D

A couple of barre chords that were relatively easy on my Martin need a bit more pressure here. For some reason i'm struggling to get a nice clear B. It's got a good low action through and that helps.

Having not picked up a guitar for almost 30 years I suddenly got the urge again a couple of weeks ago and bought a Behringer i393 USB guitar. You can plug it into your computer and play different guitar sounds using the supplied software (listen only through headphones though, it won't come out of the speakers) or play it "straight" through an amp. I got a little 15 watt practice amp which is superb for the money, just got to cut my fingernails before I can play :wink: .

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

I tried out a mates 12 string a few months ago and I loved the sound. I've been to loads of music shops trying them out since then but they are a bit niche and you only ever seem to find one or two in amongst the racks of 6 strings.

I definitely feel like i'm working for it. Stringing and tuning it was slow going and i'm going to have to work out some more to hit a couple of chords properly :D

A couple of barre chords that were relatively easy on my Martin need a bit more pressure here. For some reason i'm struggling to get a nice clear B. It's got a good low action through and that helps.
    To see how it should be done, have a look here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gh-U9T7 ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnQTC5ICGik

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne
    Having not picked up a guitar for almost 30 years I suddenly got the urge again a couple of weeks ago and bought a Behringer i393 USB guitar.
    They look like fun, especially for the price. Can you download new/different effects?

I bought a Fender Mustang Amp which uses the Fuse Software adjust settings and model different amps. I'm quite impressed by what it can do really.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK
    To see how it should be done, have a look here
    Well, that's that then. I'm never playing my 12 string again :D
    That's pretty amazing.

Having not picked up a guitar for almost 30 years I suddenly got the urge again a couple of weeks ago and bought a Behringer i393 USB guitar. You can plug it into your computer and play different guitar sounds using the supplied software (listen only through headphones though, it won't come out of the speakers) or play it "straight" through an amp. I got a little 15 watt practice amp which is superb for the money, just got to cut my fingernails before I can play :wink: .

Eddie
    Nice one Eddie. :)

It was this thread that got me back into guitars after 15 years or so.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Having not picked up a guitar for almost 30 years I suddenly got the urge again a couple of weeks ago and bought a Behringer i393 USB guitar.
    They look like fun, especially for the price. Can you download new/different effects?
    The guitar comes with "Guitar Combos" software which has 3 different modules, each containing about 20 different guitar effects. You can play around with it for 30 days before you have to decide which module you want to register and keep and it's a right pantomime getting it registered.

You could buy "Guitar Rig 5" (it's all Native Instruments software) but that costs more than the guitar. It does have different guitar effects, different amps, a recording desk and lots more though.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Some nice guitars in this thread..

I have owned many different guitars since I was about 16 – only ever played them for fun though and never took the time to learn how to read music, although I have had some lessons. I just use tab and on-line scores – some great stuff on YouTube too.

I went classical about 15 years ago with a nice Asturias, John Mills Classcal guitar, but sold it a couple of years ago to buy a handmade Bernabe..

Can’t see myself letting this one go ever.. It’s a great instrument, far too good for me really with a wonderful sound, it has Paulino Bernabe’s senior’s signature, he died in 2007. My guitar was made in 2005, although in reality he was probably not involved in the construction of guitars in later years.

Happy playing

Cheers
    Mark

I thought i'd bring this thread back to the top since my new arrival got here yesterday :)

I saw this 12 String Takamine and, well, it just sort of bought itself. It's got a ding or two on the surface but then it's 12 years old according to it's serial number so I don't mind it showing a little bit of age.

I put a new set of strings on (it took me ages, bloody 12 strings) and it's got a very rounded mellow sound to it. It has a Cedar top and Rosewood back and sides. The neck seems to be Mahogony.
    I've got a similar 6 string Takamine EN20C, same construction, jumbo cutaway, probably shooting for about 14 years old-ish now. Was my one and only major acoustic purchase with an inheritance, bought for my acoustic band at the time for gigs, demos etc. Great sound and playability, has indeed got better with age.

The only problem with 12 strings is trying not to play any Byrds stuff, particularly not Mr Tambourine Man (the 'Stairway' for 12 strings :D ), but awesome for acoustic gigging etc. Mind I did some Christmas busking in Argyle Street in Glasgow for charity, try playing 12 string outdoors in a Glasgow winter, great for improving your fingering technique.... :)

Master

Been meaning to post in here for a while..

my current setup, just moved to the blackstar kit - which I'm really liking (moved from a peavey valveking) the 1 watt head is incredibly loud!

Got a hot rodded Les paul BFG coming for my birthday soon which I can't wait for!

Master

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze-0W...e_gdata_player

This guy is one of my favs, this is him finger picking on a 12 string - personally I'd love to be able to do that on a 6 let alone on a 12.

That's just something else. He's phenomenal.
    If I wasn't watching him play I would swear there were three people playing guitar there at times.

Mark, That Bernabe is very special. You don't see many of them around. I'd love to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMM
    Mind I did some Christmas busking in Argyle Street in Glasgow for charity, try playing 12 string outdoors in a Glasgow winter, great for improving your fingering technique.... :)
    My Tak just came from Glasgow. I can't imagine doing any busking... I suppose people might pay me to stop :)

Master

If I wasn't watching him play I would swear there were three people playing guitar there at times.
    You listen to one of his CD and you think pretty good player but when you see him live (I have once, and have been waiting for him to come back yo UK for 5 years!) you just think wow!

NGD! :headbang:

OK what is it then? :D
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Hmmm, three position switch one tone, one volume and a AAA flame maple top?

whoa, two nekkid 'Buckers, bound fret board:

nice bit of Wabi, can't have a perfect guitar can we:

TWO cut aways?

In the words of Rolf, can you tell what it is yet? :D

Master

A Hamer?

It's lovely.
    I thought a Hamer at first as well but the tone and volume line up differently on those don't they?
    Is it a Gibson Studio DC? I wasn't sure about the fretboard inlays and the humbuckers are usually covered though that can be changed easily.

Either way, Happy New Guitar Day! :D

Gawd knows!

Will be interested to see a complete pic though, looks nice.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master

I saw him play when he was promoting Taylor at PMT, think it was free! His daughter was singing too.

Quote Originally Posted by LuBee
    You listen to one of his CD and you think pretty good player but when you see him live (I have once, and have been waiting for him to come back yo UK for 5 years!) you just think wow!

Sweet , Les Paul Standard Double Cut Plus ?

I think Lawrence is right and it has nibs.......... so a Gibson?

In fact it could be a '98 DC Standard in Amber Serrano with AAA flamed top.

Saw your post on MLP Spence. :lol: :wink:

Lovely, lovely, lovely. 8)
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by rapidboy
    Sweet , Les Paul Standard Double Cut Plus ?
    Very nearly Lawrence, Les Paul Standard DC (i think the plus had gold hardwear).

AAA flamed top finished in Amber Serrano. It's a bit used but i like that. It could do with a set-up and the original owner has removed the pick-up covers though they were included. I'm seriously considering saving up for a pair of Bare Knuckle PG blues buckers and i'll get a set of DR pure nickel heavy bottom 10's on it but it sounds sweet at the moment. The fact that it can with a tan/pink battered original case does it no harm, goes with the rest ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Lee

Nice quality collection there.

I like them all.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master

Nice stuff. A nice balance there.

I love this thread.

I've been giving some serious thought to making my next guitar. Something Gibson/LPish.

It looks difficult but doable and I know a couple of people who could probably help me out when I make a mess of it. I might need to buy a ready made fretboard or possibly an unfinished neck, I'm not sure that making one would be adviseable if I want it to sound right.

Anyone done this before?
    Edit: just been back to the start of the thread to see the SG type that Carl made. Gorgeous, but I don't think that anything I throw together will be in the same league as that baby.

Good luck with that.

I like my stuff nice so I definitely wouldn't attempt it :lol: but I have seen some nice home made jobs.

I think there are a few books on the subject and I know Warmoth in the US make a load of bodies/necks etc
    Cheers,
    Neil.

very long thread but well worth a look
    http://www.tdpri.com/forum/tele-home-de ... build.html

Let's see your guitars

Great thread! Thanks for sharing, chaps.

Work in progress! Such a great sounding guitar!

Quote Originally Posted by rapidboy
    very long thread but well worth a look
    http://www.tdpri.com/forum/tele-home-de ... build.html
    That is an excellent thread. Thanks
    I've also found this one which is along the same sort of lines and I found this book recommendation on another site so I might give it a look into.

Thanks Neil, i've been looking into Warmoth stuff. Some of their complete builds look excellent and make me wonder why i'm even considering this when those are available :D

Not a Gibson or a Fender or even a guitar, but it's still one of the most fun string instruments to play.

I had a notion for an SG recently but at the last minute i bought yet another tele :roll:
    Havent had a chance to collect it yet.

I got this recently, lots of fun

and a wee Andy Dokken "tweed" which is a cracker