closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full Knee Replacement

Master
    Blog Entries

Full Knee Replacement

Wife came home yesterday after her full knee replacement on Wednesday afternoon. She climbed the stairs after her physio so was allowed home. I have not stopped since she returned, I have learned to use the washing machine, load the dishwasher and found various household tools ie Hoover and the Steam mop. The only thing I excel at is cooking, but not cleaning up afterwards. Anyone else gone through this, sorry I have to go her Ladyship is calling.

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Wife came home yesterday after her full knee replacement on Wednesday afternoon. She climbed the stairs after her physio so was allowed home. I have not stopped since she returned, I have learned to use the washing machine, load the dishwasher and found various household tools ie Hoover and the Steam mop. The only thing I excel at is cooking, but not cleaning up afterwards. Anyone else gone through this, sorry I have to go her Ladyship is calling.
    You seriously did none of this before your wife’s operation? That is genuinely shameful.

I wish her a speedy recovery, by the way.

Good one Hilly!

Hope you're Missus is alright.

It's 2024 dude no ones biting!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Conscription would sort most of these issues out. Heh

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    I was always working running the business she stayed at home that’s how it was. She never really complained and she never wanted for anything, she was happy and content I suppose. From now on I will have to do more.

Master
    Your aren’t my father in law are you? He doesn’t even pack his own suitcase before he goes on holiday ,like a 7 year old trapped in a 73 year old body:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to get a maid.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

I was always working running the business she stayed at home that’s how it was. She never really complained and she never wanted for anything, she was happy and content I suppose. From now on I will have to do more.
    Mate, you're a dinosaur.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Mate, you're a dinosaur.
    If it worked in their relationship and both parties were happy, what is the problem?

Mate, you're a dinosaur.
    Would agree but if he was the sole bread winner and she was the housewife you can understand it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Would agree but if he was the sole bread winner and she was the housewife you can understand it.
    As I said before that’s it was back then. We have been together since we were sixteen and married for 48 years this September, so I must have done something right. Now we are both retired I do a lot more but I must admit I have never used the washer or the dishwasher, I would sooner wash up by hand when there is only the two of us.

As I said before that’s it was back then. We have been together since we were sixteen and married for 48 years this September, so I must have done something right. Now we are both retired I do a lot more but I must admit I have never used the washer or the dishwasher, I would sooner wash up by hand when there is only the two of us.
    IMO there is no need to defend or justify yourself and I hope your wife gets well soon.
    I fear I will need similar sooner rather than later, I am 43 and can hardly walk down stairs now without grimacing, knees and ankle totally banjaxed - bloody rugby!
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 7th April 2024 at 10:00.

Full Knee Replacement

We both work and I have no idea how to use the washing machine or tumble dryer, but for the dryer it’s out of principle due to the cost. I’d rather hang it.

The way she loads the dishwasher would have you googling divorce lawyers. She must stand at the other end of the room blindfolded and play darts. She clearly wasn’t a fan of Tetris growing up.

Best of luck to your wife for a good and speedy recovery.

We both work and I have no idea how to use the washing machine or tumble dryer, but for the dryer it’s out of principle due to the cost. I’d rather hang it.

The way she loads the dishwasher would have you googling divorce lawyers. She must stand at the other end of the room blindfolded and play darts. She clearly wasn’t a fan of Tetris growing up.

Best of luck to your wife for a good and speedy recovery.
    Bea’s loading of the dishwasher genuinely makes me question how her mind works. It’s literally inexplicable.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Bea’s loading of the dishwasher genuinely makes me question how her mind works. It’s literally inexplicable.
    Exactly. I did once after a dinner party try to load the dishwasher I was told in no uncertain terms that I was useless and should leave to her.

Who on here knows if their toaster has a crumb draw. I cut a tea cake in half to toast, it got stuck so I turned the power off then turned it over, it dropped out as did a load of crumbs, she said what are cussing at, I told her, she then said open the crumb draw.

Grand Master
    Having lived on my own for a while in the distant past I learned how to do all the domestic stiff that the lady tends to do, Mrs W and I both worked full-time so we shared all the jobs. I'm fine with cooking and washing, less enthusiastic about dusting and vacuuming but I do it when needed. Have to confess Mrs W does most of the washing, general cleaning and (most important) food shopping. I detest supermarkets, fortunately I get away with not going very often, but for me it's like a trip to the dentist.

Mrs W returns tonight from a holiday to India with a friend, I`ve spent 10 days doing all the stuff I don`t normally do such as loading the washing machine and pegging washing out. The one task I struggle with is changing bedding, getting a double-size quilt into a quilt cover has always posed a major challenge to me and yesterday was no different, took me around 10 minutes to get the bloody thing back together, yet Mrs W can do it without any fuss in around 1 minute.

I am fortunate having a wife who enjoys gardening too, we have a large garden that needs work to keep up to and she's happy to do most of it.

Best advice I can give when considering a wife/live-in partner is to find one that doesn`t mind hard work, no point in ending up with a lazy cow regardless of the aesthetic appeal!

Cracking thread this, keep it coming.

The classic for me is when I wash stuff and put it on the side to drain and she comes along and dumps it in the dishwasher because thats easier than drying and putting away.

The classic for me is when I wash stuff and put it on the side to drain and she comes along and dumps it in the dishwasher because thats easier than drying and putting away.
    She should wait, let them air dry and then put away. Mind you according to Mrs P I always load the dishwasher incorrectly, so I´m mostly of the opinion there´s really no right- wrong ways to do the domestic chores, as long as they get done, it´s a team effort, really such minor detail, there´s no point stressing on such little things.

And in time when your young un gets older, free labour around the house, the garden...well far from free in fairness but another pair of hands.
    Last edited by Passenger; 7th April 2024 at 12:37.

Master
    Blog Entries
    My wife made the bed on Wednesday morning before we went to the hospital, she said take a picture so you can see how the cushions and pillows are arranged, I kid you not without the sleeping pillows there are 15no fancy show pillows and cushions, needless to say I did not take a picture and my attempt to make the bed was a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    She should wait, let them air dry and then put away. Mind you according to Mrs P I always load the dishwasher incorrectly, so I´m mostly of the opinion there´s really no right- wrong ways to do the domestic chores, as long as they get done, it´s a team effort, really such minor detail, there´s no point stressing on such little things.

And in time when your young un gets older, free labour around the house, the garden...well far from free in fairness but another pair of hands.
    In our house right or wrong is determined only by who the offender or offended is. The closest she gets to admitting an error is telling me she can see it both ways.

Master
    Add mine to the club here, usually double the capacity after being told it is full and needs to go on!

My wife doesn’t think I clean as well as her, so she does the house cleaning & washing.

My job is cooking and washing up & she does alright there, as aside from Mae Ploy Thai curry paste it’s all scratch cooked. Can no longer be bothered with scratch Thai paste, just add some fresh garlic, ginger & lemongrass.

5hr beef chilli tonight for her, the lucky so & so!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In our house right or wrong is determined only by who the offender or offended is. The closest she gets to admitting an error is telling me she can see it both ways.
    OMG . My wife has two husbands .

Even as a kid at home I did a fair bit of washing, ironing cooking etc to 'earn' my pocket money.

Then living away from home, at Uni, used the washing machine (occasionally), then same in flat shares etc.

Hopefully that's fairly usual now and blokes don't go from their parents where Mummy did everything for them, to moving in with a partner that's expected to pick up where Mum left off!

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Cracking thread this, keep it coming.
    Aye a glimpse into bygone times, reminds me of a visit to York Castle Museum
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

What are these strange devices of which you all speak?

Oh, and hilly, my best wishes to your wife for a speedy recovery. Having had a F K R myself I know what she’s going through and what she is going to go through. No fun, but worth it in the end - she really does have to do everything the physio tells her to.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Best wishes to your wife, I’m completely in agreement re the washing up, why does a couple need a dishwasher? It’s done in the time it takes to load one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Even as a kid at home I did a fair bit of washing, ironing cooking etc to 'earn' my pocket money.

Then living away from home, at Uni, used the washing machine (occasionally), then same in flat shares etc.

Hopefully that's fairly usual now and blokes don't go from their parents where Mummy did everything for them, to moving in with a partner that's expected to pick up where Mum left off!

I remember cooking for a neighbour at uni in the first few weeks that could not comprehend me not having spaghetti was fine to replace it with another pasta. He was adamantly convinced spaghetti was not pasta.

I worry for people who never had to cook for themselves growing up.

Mate, you're a dinosaur.
    Sounds like his wife got a fabulous deal. Sign me up to be a househusband..!

Quote Originally Posted by Linocut View Post
    Best wishes to your wife, I’m completely in agreement re the washing up, why does a couple need a dishwasher? It’s done in the time it takes to load one.
    To save water?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    To save water?

Yup my wife tells me it’s more efficient to use the dishwasher than wash up in the sink

To save water?
    I don’t know how much a dishwasher uses. Even if it did would it outweigh the cost of the unit itself, the power, the tablets vs good old fairy liquid? Maintenance, repairs? I get it for busy families but two people, got to be easier to just clean as you go.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I don’t want any sympathy you knobhead

Did you realise it was a bad post

Quote Originally Posted by Linocut View Post
    I don’t know how much a dishwasher uses. Even if it did would it outweigh the cost of the unit itself, the power, the tablets vs good old fairy liquid? Maintenance, repairs? I get it for busy families but two people, got to be easier to just clean as you go.

I see it slightly differently. We (and I mean we) cook 95% of our meals from scratch. Therefore the number of pots and pans used is roughly the same whether there are only the 2 of us, or with our daughter, or if we entertain. The only thing that changes are plates, cutlery and glasses. And the latter is much more economically washed in the dishwasher than regularly bought after shattering in the sink.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master

Glass of water, Mr Angry?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Careful! Need to watch the blood pressure, old boy.

I see it slightly differently. We (and I mean we) cook 95% of our meals from scratch. Therefore the number of pots and pans used is roughly the same whether there are only the 2 of us, or with our daughter, or if we entertain. The only thing that changes are plates, cutlery and glasses. And the latter is much more economically washed in the dishwasher than regularly bought after shattering in the sink.
    Don’t wash up drunk :)

Seriously though, I leave glasses to the end and wash them individually they don’t go in the water.

Full Knee Replacement

Judging by you lot of useless twunts, I must be in the category of one of the forums most domesticated hubby.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Careful! Need to watch the blood pressure, old boy.
    You just need to get a life.

Idiotic post that you deleted and you know it, because I cannot stand AR then according to you I hate woman, you people make me sick.

You just need to get a life.

Idiotic post that you deleted and you know it, because I cannot stand AR then according to you I hate woman, you people make me sick.
    Keep digging.

I didn't suggest anything. I just quoted your own words, then remembered this was the G&D and no politics allowed, so deleted your own words.

But it has to be said, your own words did seem to suggest you have a problem with women and people with ginger hair, considering the derogatory language you used.

I wish your wife well.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Keep digging.

I didn't suggest anything. I just quoted your own words, then remembered this was the G&D and no politics allowed, so deleted your own words.

But it has to be said, your own words did seem to suggest you have a problem with women and people with ginger hair, considering the derogatory language you used.

I wish your wife well.

No just AR

Blog Entries
    When my Son was a teenager i took him on one side and said some advice
    Learn some basic cooking , how to iron a shirt, sow on a button stood him in good stead.As to basic household tasks most are just pushing buttons on appliances no biggie.
    Agree though that women cannot load a dishwasher😱
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Learn some basic cooking , how to iron a shirt, sow on a button stood him in good stead.
    Haha. I can’t work out if this was a subtle p1ss take or not. Good few dinosaurs dotted around this forum.

The above is all about how a man can address minor life inconveniences without a woman to spoon feed him, rather than how create an equal relationship.

Dinosaur here!

I'm the sole breadwinner, working too many hours in a week to count.

Wife takes care of all domestic duties; cooking, cleaning, ironing, school runs etc. My experience of cooking is being broadly able to follow a simple recipe and I maybe do that once every few months.

It works perfectly for us. I don't see it as archaic or misogynistic if it works, right?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RickChard View Post
    Dinosaur here!

I'm the sole breadwinner, working too many hours in a week to count.

Wife takes care of all domestic duties; cooking, cleaning, ironing, school runs etc. My experience of cooking is being broadly able to follow a simple recipe and I maybe do that once every few months.

It works perfectly for us. I don't see it as archaic or misogynistic if it works, right?
    I’m with you there. Was a period of time where my weekly hours were 70+ a week often 80+, we didn’t even have a discussion and things just adjusted naturally.

I still work longer, but as I am at home have the flexibility to sort washing / wash up between calls or before the day starts. As long as both parties are happy, there is no ruling.

I’d struggle cooking every few months, it’s how I unwind after a day working. I’ve tinkered for dinner this evening for 2hrs. Loved it, overkill for a simple Monday meal I guess.

I was always working running the business she stayed at home that’s how it was. She never really complained and she never wanted for anything, she was happy and content I suppose.
    Does she have any sisters?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stilgoe1972 View Post
    Your aren’t my father in law are you? He doesn’t even pack his own suitcase before he goes on holiday ,like a 7 year old trapped in a 73 year old body:)

I am not allowed anywhere near packing a suitcase! When asked at airport security "Did you pack this case yourself sir?" I always answer "No! She won't let me!" They always nod and wave me on! My packing would be a couple of extra pairs of undies and socks! What more do you need?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by watchlovr View Post
    Does she have any sisters?
    Sadly no her only sister died young 46 she was, but they were chalk and cheese.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    I am not allowed anywhere near packing a suitcase! When asked at airport security "Did you pack this case yourself sir?" I always answer "No! She won't let me!" They always nod and wave me on! My packing would be a couple of extra pairs of undies and socks! What more do you need?
    You and me both, I am allowed no where near when it’s big hols, but when we go to our friends in Spain I am allowed to do my carry on, and that’s only because we have clothes there.

Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    Same as my 17 year old child.