timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Watches match your car/s?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Valekk View Post
    Picture of the 205, please, here's mine

Edition 1?

A friend had one of these about 11 years ago. I had a 5 dr G60 which had most options from the factory.. Rapid things!!

^^^^^
    That's a Golf not a 205

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by rob-vicar View Post
    ^^^^^
    That's a Golf not a 205
    Sorry rob I meant to ask for a picture of the 205 and I was showing mine after

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by burton View Post
    Edition 1?

A friend had one of these about 11 years ago. I had a 5 dr G60 which had most options from the factory.. Rapid things!!
    Yes, Edition 1, in classic condition, they are so fast to jump the start line and looking for the rallye one
    I haven't seen a 5 doors for long time

Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    Nice Chris - I am toying with one of these or the 41mm Moonphase. Currently falling on the side of the moonphase though...

What are your thoughts?
    Ok I decided this weekend to add a watch from either Glasshuette Original or A. Lange Sohne to the collection. Watches on the shortlist were GO Senator Diary, GO Senator Perpetual Calendar, GO Panomatic Lunar, ALS Saxonia Annual Calendar in Au or Pt, ALS Langematik Perpetual in Au or Pt but once I got into the shop I tried on most of their stock of GO or ALS, which by coincidence included the Grand Lange 1 Moonphase and also the Lange 1 Time Zone. Both are fantastic watches but they had some features for me which eliminated them. The first issue is both are manual - I do not have any manual watches as I much prefer automatic watches. However, both have power reserve indicators which helps - if I do go for a manual watch in the future it will have to have power reserve. Typically with a manual watch you get a better caseback view of the movement to compensate, e.g. ALS 1815 Chronograph or the Datograph but both the Grand Lange 1 Moon phase and the Lange 1 TimeZone do not show much of the movement as the baseplate is at the bottom which obscures the view. The Grand Lange 1 Moonphase has also a couple of other issues for me - it has no lume and it has Roman numerals which I personally do not like. Of the two I preferred the Lange 1 Time Zone as the timezone mechanism is very easy to use (I travel a lot), it also has lume.
    However, the dial layout of the Saxonia Annual Calendar is so clear and aesthetically pleasing and this drew me to it. I also think that the GO Panomatic Lunar gives the Lange 1 stiff competition. It has a superb face which I prefer to the Lange 1, the caseback view is better, the watch is automatic, it has lume , no Roman numerals. The Panomatic Lunar in Red Gold with matte brown Alligator leather was my second choice and I suspect will shortly be my first GO watch.

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    Ok I decided this weekend to add a watch from either Glasshuette Original or A. Lange Sohne to the collection. Watches on the shortlist were GO Senator Diary, GO Senator Perpetual Calendar, GO Panomatic Lunar, ALS Saxonia Annual Calendar in Au or Pt, ALS Langematik Perpetual in Au or Pt but once I got into the shop I tried on most of their stock of GO or ALS, which by coincidence included the Grand Lange 1 Moonphase and also the Lange 1 Time Zone.
    Thanks for your thoughts Chris. I have the GO Senator PC in Pt and it's possibly my favourite watch, a wonderful thing, so that leaves me with Lange now. Twin time zones aren't important to me and nor is auto but date and power reserve are and I am looking for another moonphase piece so that narrowed it down to those two. I have a PP Annual calendar so was thinking the Moonphase offered something different, the moon within the clock dial is very striking and not something I have seen elsewhere. Very, very distinctive. Quality-wise, they certainly seem to be up there!

Apprentice
    My first post after a long time of observing so hello to everyone.

I think my 1996 Heur Carrera re issue and 2005 Porsche Carrera are a good match. Both are daily drivers and are in far from perfect condition but I love them both.

It"s my intention to use them both until either they or I fall apart.

MiliSub...

Comex...

Bubbleback...

Daytona...

MW

:-)

Craftsman
    Mike, Wow.