closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Watches match your car/s?

Journeyman
    One of my favourite threads this one, shame it has not been added to in a while - just wondering if this may revive it!

Craftsman

Watches match your car/s?

I will join in :- A3 TDI Sport , PRS 25 Today don,t jnow how that mix works ????

Good thread keep it up

Master
    Well according to the classic Jeremy Clarkson Youtube comments on Audi drivers I guess I fit the mould perfectly, Audi A6 and Breitling as a daily wearer!

Can't see a pattern in mine - BMW and Hamilton - except that I always buy used, always pay cash, and never own anything that I'd be too worried about dinging to enjoy...

My Tudor Sub and Fabia vRS SE.
    Both based on a model by their more illustrious owners, yet both do the same job and at a better price

Fit together quite nicely;

Quote Originally Posted by jke11y View Post
    I love cars and watches, but find when the two combine (in branded watches, and to an extent branded clocks in cars) it is a bit naff.
    Yup - Vintage Champagne - wonderful, Single malt - heaven - not to good in the same glass

Well I suppose this one matches me I suppose, Getting on a bit now but a bit of a sprinter in younger days.

I suppose this watch matches quite well. Lightweight, red and a limited edition of 1000. Far smaller numbers of the car were made though.

Mitch
    Last edited by Mitch; 5th August 2012 at 21:34.

Craftsman
    Clan Crusader

I had one in the bronze, after my dad passed it over. Learned to drive in it. Not a lot of power but very lightweight, Like a go cart is a cliché but seemed very true at the time.

Lorries used to scare the hell out of me, as they never saw me, possibly the first use of daylight running lights in the UK.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Puller View Post
    rollie and a beamer.....oh dear.

audi S6 and IWC portugueser for me.
    Not really any better, I'm afraid... :)
    Last edited by andrew; 1st August 2012 at 19:11.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Both black with red parts:

Quote Originally Posted by Neil T View Post

I had one in the bronze, after my dad passed it over. Learned to drive in it. Not a lot of power but very lightweight, Like a go cart is a cliché but seemed very true at the time.

Lorries used to scare the hell out of me, as they never saw me, possibly the first use of daylight running lights in the UK.
    Yes the handling is fantastic and the straight legged racing driving postion only adds to the experience. It is very light but must of the weight is over the rear driving wheels, giving excellent traction.

It is, as you say, very low being only 42" high. Pity that most seem to have been converted to racing/hill climbers now, as it is easy to get more power from that lightweight all alloy engine.

Mitch

Master
    Not exactly an Aston Martin but classy all the same.Maybe I should buy a datejust. Regards. Kev.

Banned
    Watch didn't last long. It clashed with the car

Blog Entries
    Sorry guys. I've had a look through this thread several times and, whilst I can see certain links such as the Porsche Design watches matching Porsches and other car-affiliated watches matching the appropriate vehicles but, is it just me that fails to see most of the links posted? I understand the recent Bentley/Breitling link and certain TAG links to various marques suc as Mercedes and McLaren but, does Rolex really match to any vehicle manufacturer or specific car? Panerai and various other companies had acquaintances (normally pretty awful) with Ferrari - I get that too. I even had a Chronomaster Timemaster 24H which had been commissioned by Spyker Cars (you don't see one of those every day) but, I'm at a loss to comprehend many of the links on here. It's probably just me.

I used to have this combination...

Quote Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
    Quite a car. The watch I've a fair idea about but what was Diablo ownership like?

Nice. What do you have now?

I drive a new Mini and wear G-Shocks to work most days. I'll let you make your mind up whether they match :)

I drive a Mercedes c200 kompressor. I have mainly SS Rolex. No link but both have great design, history and quality....

Wink

Skoda Octavia VRS and Rolex GMT Master 1675 - both subtle and understated so a perfect match ;)

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Quite a car. The watch I've a fair idea about but what was Diablo ownership like?
    Surprisingly easy car to drive and quite civilised once the poor rear visibility and excessive width was taken into consideration.

Mine was a late model SV with PAS but no traction control and rear wheel drive only. Gearbox was a right pig from cold as second and forth gear was very difficult to select until the oil warmed up. The attention I got driving around the Scottish Highlands was ridiculous. I couldn't park the car anywhere and when I did, the car would attract huge crowds within minutes.

The ownership experience was fantastic but the attention became too much in the end.

Once I've found a rusty and half-broken watch, I'll have a perfect match!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bubblehead View Post
    Not exactly an Aston Martin but classy all the same.Maybe I should buy a datejust. Regards. Kev.

Which model of Daimler is this?

Craftsman
    Currently Porsche-less and I regret the day I sold my 87 911 Supersport, it was mechanically perfect and if its new owner had not ruined the interior during a retrim, I'd chase him for it now. My mother has my Boxster S and I wore my Heuer Monoco in both. A Seiko in my 71 Volvo 1800ES. I currently wear a Hamilton in my Isuzu and the Omega in the VW up! Silly subconscious decisions.

Master
    I have two Alfas. I've tried to find a couple of Italian watches with faulty movements, no lume, no hands, no water resistance and that need a £2000 service every time I pick them up, but no joy, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabadger View Post
    I have two Alfas. I've tried to find a couple of Italian watches with faulty movements, no lume, no hands, no water resistance and that need a £2000 service every time I pick them up, but no joy, sadly.
    Nice one!

Mitch

Smile

Surprisingly easy car to drive and quite civilised once the poor rear visibility and excessive width was taken into consideration.

Mine was a late model SV with PAS but no traction control and rear wheel drive only. Gearbox was a right pig from cold as second and forth gear was very difficult to select until the oil warmed up. The attention I got driving around the Scottish Highlands was ridiculous. I couldn't park the car anywhere and when I did, the car would attract huge crowds within minutes.

The ownership experience was fantastic but the attention became too much in the end.
    Sounds like a great spec. I've a lot of respect for anyone who's willing to invite such a high maintenance diva into their life - although your experience seems to have been relatively pain-free.

Master
    Rolex GMTIIC &......

Craftsman
    If my car matched my watch I'd be driving a cheap, reliable Japanese Submarine. :)

Oooh, some nice cars on here. This doesn't really compete, but like both me and my watches it has a kind of understated class about it ;)

Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    Sorry guys. I've had a look through this thread several times and, whilst I can see certain links such as the Porsche Design watches matching Porsches and other car-affiliated watches matching the appropriate vehicles but, is it just me that fails to see most of the links posted? I understand the recent Bentley/Breitling link and certain TAG links to various marques suc as Mercedes and McLaren but, does Rolex really match to any vehicle manufacturer or specific car? Panerai and various other companies had acquaintances (normally pretty awful) with Ferrari - I get that too. I even had a Chronomaster Timemaster 24H which had been commissioned by Spyker Cars (you don't see one of those every day) but, I'm at a loss to comprehend many of the links on here. It's probably just me.
    It's not you and it's nothing to do with watches, it just gives people a chance to show off their cars which some love to do.

I once proffered an idea that we all post pics of our house/watch combination but there were no takers.

If we are not careful we will end up with another of those interminable lists where people match watches to cars that we have seen ad nauseum on this forum, you know....

Omega = Audi

Rolex = BMW

etc etc.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Haven't had much opportunity to drive this so far this year:

But when I do I invariably wear my Heuer Montreal. I've spent 18 years restoring the Healey (or rather I've spent most of my money over the last 18 years paying other people to restore it) and by chance it had an overdrive gearbox transplant completed and the restoration finally finished the day before I was married in May. I bought the Montreal (the wife was supposed to pay me for it but I doubt I'll ever see the money!) and had it restored as my wedding watch, so on the morning of my wedding I wore my Montreal properly for the first time and drove the properly finished Healey for the first time.

It also matches the colour of my Boxster S but this is just a gratuitous shot so you know I have a Porsche too

For the size of my house please refer to my signature.
    "A man of little significance"

Craftsman
    I hope the choice of wife is as good as the cars and watch. The 986 S was the best point to point car on B roads that I have owned.

Nope, on the drive back from the wedding she said that now it was finished I could sell it so she could have a new kitchen. I've made it very clear that if it was between her and the Healey it would be the car.

I like my 986 S but my MX5 is miles more engaging on our British country roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatco1800es View Post
    I hope the choice of wife is as good as the cars and watch. The 986 S was the best point to point car on B roads that I have owned.
    "A man of little significance"

Craftsman
    I don't own this watch anymore:

But this one works too:

Quote Originally Posted by eternalife View Post
    One of my favourite threads this one, shame it has not been added to in a while - just wondering if this may revive it!
    Great thread, I hadn't come across it before... thanks for giving it a new lease of life!

Well, I'll play then, I won't bother trying to match my current motoring possessions with watches, as it would have to be a pretty dull one...

But I can make a nice "black japanese" pair with 2 items I no longer own unfortunately, both dearly missed

Last edited by .olli.; 6th August 2012 at 20:08.

no connection to mine...

V12 series 3 Jag. Triumph Spitfire. Harley Davidson customised Wide Glide.
    Rolex Sports, Breitling and a few other bits and pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by WingTsun View Post
    Yeah, in a "taxi" kind of a way..
    Probably why my son is nagging me to change it

Quote Originally Posted by Seabadger View Post
    I've had about six, but at present there's just one, which Bea drives as I'm happy with my taxi (I mean my Merc). Anyway, it's a GTV, 02 reg but with only about 30k on the clock. I've had a 3.0 GTV which was like SOAS, and also the 3.2 GT - that was probably my favourite car of all those I've owned.

Nearly - car to follow soon.........

When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Nope, I like cars but have never owned a nice one, to me they go from a to b. at the minute I have a clapped out ten year old Fiesta POS.

Mmmm - Mazda and '60s Breitling Cosmonaute...?

Or maybe... Citroen C4 (it's the wife's really) and '60s Omega Seamaster...?

OK, found the link - Skoda (gone some years ago) and Sekonda :D

M.

Journeyman
    VW Touran and Marathon SAR

Motorbike BMW R1200R and Seamaster CK2947

Rolex, Skoda.

Does that match?
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
    Inspired by a comment on one of my recent threads, i concluded my watch/es do match my car in some, or even several respects.

Panerai's in various guises for me, but they are all chunky, big and noticeable. To some, they're 'in yer face'

My only car, post divorce, is an X5, which i guess you could easily say the same of :!:

Is that a surprise i wonder, or is there a subliminal aspect to these sort of decisions that we make :?: Or am i just showing my sarf London geezer roots still :wink:
    Oh no. I own a couple of Panerai watches and recently bought ............... an X5 Diesel. Does it help that both the watches and the car were bought used.:)

Master
    Tool-ish and practical ...nothing too fancy

Journeyman
    This thread should never die....I hope no one minds me reviving it :D

Both big, tough and in your face. Bit like myself

Great thread.