closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bulgari (or Bvlgari as they insist) 303 price???

Master

Bulgari (or Bvlgari as they insist) 303 price???

Sorry, this got a bit long. Thanks to all who even just actually read it through.

My father called and said he just bought a Bulgari 303, which surprised the hell out of me, after I checked retail online, as I thought with the way he lives, nearly "hand to mouth", and the way he complains after his alimony/house payments to my mother, he could barely afford his clothes. Retail is roughly $12,000 US. The absolute cheapest I have seen it after several hours hunting on the web is $8800, though most discounts are in the $10,000 range. And my dad is a horrible-horrible "bargainer", though he thinks otherwise. I'm suspicious as he wouldn't tell me how much he spent.

Am I getting the prices right? Does anyone know of cheaper places to look? Again I just can't believe he had that kind of loose money, though he at first said he was making an "investment". Well, actually he first called and asked if watches were a good investment, and I said 'yes, but only certain brands and models, and better to get used than new because they are like new cars and most depreciate when they walk out the door.' At which point he told me he bought a new Bvlgari 303. Since I knew nothing about the watch I said oh good, thinking he spent, at the most, $2000. Then I went online and went "Holy Crap!!! $12,000 ?!!!"

I figure he went into a shop and saw the $12,000 mark, and the dealer pretended to dicker with my dad and was told it was an investment and said , I'm guessing , '$10,000 is as low as I can go, and I won't get a commission at that price', and my father saw it as an awesome deal and jumped on it, not knowing it's street price is $10,000 or less.

OR I did see a lot of "Replica" Bvlgari 303s online, and they looked remarkably good. Maybe he got what he thought was an FOT watch for a couple of thousand dollars and was gipped. Maybe that's why he wouldn't tell me what he paid.

So, I'd like to know, assuming it genuine, is this watch an "investment grade" watch, now or in the future? As of a couple of days ago it was still BNIB so he should be able to take it back if I can convince him he got gipped. Or is it a keeper because, "Son, you'll get the watch when I die." Not to be greedy, but I can't lie to my father if the watch is indeed investment grade as that would make him feel proud of himself. I would be able to say it's a great watch, you got a wonderful deal. But I can't let him make a $10,000 mistake.

Thanks

Journeyman

Re: Bulgari (or Bvlgari as they insist) 303 price???

Sorry have no idea on an answer to your question but I will say I enjoyed reading the whole story to get to it! :P