closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Alternative to a Di Modell Chronissimo strap

Master

Alternative to a Di Modell Chronissimo strap

Hi all.

I have a PRS-17C coming soon and I was hoping to find a Di Modell Chronissimo for it but no luck. Does anyone have any other ideas for the PRS-17C? I know anything will look good on it,but something like a Di Modell was on my mind.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks,

Steve

Re: Alternative to a Di Modell Chronissimo strap

Steve - Watchbandcenter have them in stock. You might like to check out the Morellato Cordura too. Just got one out of curiosity and very impressed. Not as thick as the Di-Modell (and not as expensive) but as it's Cordura it's completely waterproof (and sweatproof!) with a Lorica (artificial leather) lining and hard wearing to boot. You'll wear out the watch before the strap...

Master

Hi Geralt,

Thanks for that,I will have a look.

Steve

Master

Had a look at watchbandcenter. Impressive site,but the strap is nearly 60euros including postage! Might as well buy a Toshi I think.

Steve

Craftsman

Only problem with the Chronissimo, it was not made for skinny wrists. A bit on the long side for me, which is a real shame. :cry:

Quote Originally Posted by ronin
    Hi all.

I have a PRS-17C coming soon and I was hoping to find a Di Modell Chronissimo for it but no luck. Does anyone have any other ideas for the PRS-17C? I know anything will look good on it,but something like a Di Modell was on my mind.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks,

Steve

The ones at the bottom of this link appear similar to the chronissimo (if you can deal with the screw on top)
    http://www.watchobsession.co.uk/shop/mi ... -c-21.html

john
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Master

Quote Originally Posted by ants
    Only problem with the Chronissimo, it was not made for skinny wrists. A bit on the long side for me, which is a real shame. :cry:
    You can get a short version, lucky for me Dave E had already fitted one to the Tutima Nato I got from him. I wear it on the 2nd or 3rd hole and my wrist is roughly 6.5".

Hi all.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks,

Steve
    a Rios.................great quality

Journeyman

This is an XTR from Watchworx, but it looks like they're no longer available. Shame, as it's a nice strap.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by NJH
    You can get a short version, lucky for me Dave E had already fitted one to the Tutima Nato I got from him. I wear it on the 2nd or 3rd hole and my wrist is roughly 6.5".

Where I can I get a shorter one. I have never seen them for sale. Just what the doctor ordered! :bounce:

Master

Where I can I get a shorter one. I have never seen them for sale. Just what the doctor ordered! :bounce:
    I was going to say this place,
    http://www.watch-band-center.com/watchs ... -blac.html
    but browsing around I can't see the short version, seems to be pretty rare, then I remembered this place I stumbled across before,
    http://www.mywatchmaker.net/watchstraps ... straps.htm

Craftsman

I was going to say this place,
    http://www.watch-band-center.com/watchs ... -blac.html
    but browsing around I can't see the short version, seems to be pretty rare, then I remembered this place I stumbled across before,
    http://www.mywatchmaker.net/watchstraps ... straps.htm

Thanks for the info. Got all excited till I saw their price...$70 :shock:

Master

Quote Originally Posted by shaney
    Hi all.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks,

Steve
    a Rios.................great quality
    Hi Shaney,

Thanks for the recommendation. Are Rios straps available in the UK?

Thanks,

Steve

Master

I did purchase a Di Modell Chronissimo strap via TZ,but I'm always on the look out for straps. I do think that most straps would look good on this watch but it's always a pleasure to see what other straps look on it.

Steve

Master

Well,the strap arrived today and unfortunately it's a weenie too big for my wrist. :cry:

So it looks like it will have to be sold (if anyone wants to buy drop me a PM),so the search continues...

Steve

Journeyman

short version of the Chronissimo is very nice for us smaller wristed guys....

do they retailer in the US ship overseas? mywatchmaker.net and fredawatchstraps carry them..

Master

Quote Originally Posted by justsellbrgs
    short version of the Chronissimo is very nice for us smaller wristed guys....

do they retailer in the US ship overseas? mywatchmaker.net and fredawatchstraps carry them..
    I hope so. I think it's a great strap,it's just a shame that it's too long for me. :( Maybe we should place an order for several of the straps and spread the cost of it?

Steve

I got a waterproof Aviator Pro for the Scuba from Kenny at fredawatchstraps.com great service and they do short Di Modell Chron's. I put on a ss deployment from KD @ TSS to finish it