closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Another list of life lessons...

Another list of life lessons...

But I quite like this one. From Alastair Humphreys ("Adventurer, Author & Motivational Speaker" apparently)

Promptness shows respect.

The most valuable thing to have is a good reputation, and it’s neither hard nor expensive to acquire one: Be fair. Be honest. Be trustworthy. Be generous. Respect others.

The Golden Rule is the greatest moral truth. If you don’t believe in it, at least try to fake it.

Keeping perspective is the greatest key to happiness. From a distance, even a bumpy road looks smooth.

It’s not “political correctness” that dictates that we try not to insult others’ beliefs and identities. It’s common decency.

It may not feel like it, but it’s good luck when you have people at home and at work who aren’t afraid to tell you when you’re wrong.

Don’t waste your breath proclaiming what’s really important to you. How you spend your time says it all.

Keeping an open mind is as big a challenge as you get older as keeping a consistent waistline.

Fear of failure is a ticket to mediocrity. If you’re not failing from time to time, you’re not pushing yourself. And if you’re not pushing yourself, you’re coasting.

Anyone who judges you by the kind of car you drive or shoes you wear isn’t someone worth impressing.

Grudges are poison. The only antidote is to let them go.

If you’re in a conversation and you’re not asking questions, then it’s not a conversation, it’s a monologue.

In everyday life, most “talent” is simply hard work in disguise.

The 10-minute jump start is the best way to get going on a big task you’ve been avoiding. Set a timer and begin, promising yourself that you’ll quit after 10 minutes and do something else. The momentum will carry you forward.

Goals that you keep to yourself are just castles on the beach. If you’re determined to achieve something, tell people about it and ask them to help you stick with it.

All the stuff you have lying around that you’ll never want, need, wear or look at again? It just makes it harder to find what you do want, need or intend to wear. File it, donate it or throw it out.

Exercise does not take time. Exercise creates time.

Almost no one stretches, flosses or gives compliments often enough.

When you mess up, ’fess up. It’s the fastest way, if there is one, to forgiveness.

Be truthful or be quiet. Lies are hard to keep track of.

Your education isn’t complete until you’ve learned to take a hint.

Whatever your passion, pursue it as though your days were numbered. Because they are.

Re: Another list of life lessons...

There's a couple in there to take away and have a good think about. Good post; thanks.

Anyone who judges you by the kind of car you drive or shoes you wear isn’t someone worth impressing.
    Has anyone told girls this? :shock:

Some thoughtful ones in there.

Thanks for posting.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolian
    The 10-minute jump start is the best way to get going on a big task you’ve been avoiding. Set a timer and begin, promising yourself that you’ll quit after 10 minutes and do something else. The momentum will carry you forward.
    I like this one - I'm always postponing things i don't want to do, especially at work.

So think i might try this for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by dashfield
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolian
    I like this one - I'm always postponing things i don't want to do, especially at work.

So think i might try this for a few days.
    I think I'll give it a go too.

My daughter bought me a book called 'Do it Now! - Break the Procrastination Habit', which Ive yet to get around to reading...

Journeyman

Like othersd have said, there are some good ones in there. Definitely not the usually FW:FW:FW fodder that regularly does the office rounds.

Craftsman

Yep, some real gems there. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for posting, something worth thinking about on a rainy evening.

Regards

Peter

Whatever your passion, pursue it as though your days were numbered. Because they are.

Can't argue with that :)

Master

Putting that one at the front of the memory bank! Now what about those who judge watches..... :mrgreen: