closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Broadarrow PRS10 v CWC G10

Craftsman

Broadarrow PRS10 v CWC G10

I have just purchased a PRS10m, from our host, as a gift for my father.

My decision process involved looking for and pricing alternatives - CWC, etc.

Are there any significant differences in specification which can justify the circa double cost of the CWC - particularly unissued?

Any simple example of Eddie offering exceptional value? :)

Thomas Reid

Re: Broadarrow PRS10 v CWC G10

Quote Originally Posted by BENZ
    I have just purchased a PRS10m, from our host, as a gift for my father.

My decision process involved looking for and pricing alternatives - CWC, etc.

Are there any significant differences in specification which can justify the circa double cost of the CWC - particularly unissued?

Any simple example of Eddie offering exceptional value? :)
    Don't you have, in your hot little hands, a simple example of Eddie offering exceptional value? :)

Best wishes,
    Bob

Craftsman
    Duh - Friday morning after a night of little sleep - not quite awake yet.

I meant 'A' not 'Any'.

It is definately an example of excellent value indeed - having just looked at a number of reviews, I look forward to receiving the PRS10. 8)

My father may not actually receive it.......

A manufacturer?s pricing policy does not reflect the cost of putting the watches together but where he feels he wants the watches to stand on the market ladder.

CWC have a reputation as suppliers to armed forces and for some buyers that warrants extra premium. (It does for me and that?s the truth)

The Broadarrow range is based on the same government specs as the issued items so I would say that the only difference is in your preferences. These are very cheap watches ... so if I was you, I would buy one of each and do a comparative review.

The PRS10/G10 are brilliant little watches ... unique in shape and probably the best utility watches in the world. I owned various G10s over the years and have been pleasantly surprised when ex-military people recognise the watch and give you a smile. I have also seen a few worn by various people from local taxi-drivers in some far away corner of Britain to city gents.

I cannot wait for when Eddie decides to bring out a hand-wound mechanical version under the Precista label. (No Russian movements, please)

john
    THIN is the new BLACK

Craftsman
    Thanks for your thoughts.

When received, I'll see how it stands alongside my Timor WWW and PRS-53.

However, still fancy a PRS7 and have my name down for the LE CAF - so funds will likely be challenged.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas
    The Broadarrow range is based on the same government specs as the issued items so I would say that the only difference is in your preferences. These are very cheap watches ... so if I was you, I would buy one of each and do a comparative review.
    Already done. Check the reviews section! :D
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas
    Already done. Check the reviews section! :D
    Sorry Crusader, I forgot. I blame dementia.

John

PS You may have to update some of the picture posts as Eddie has changed site and the addresses have changed.
    http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6048
    THIN is the new BLACK

I believe some people choose the CWC soley based on the fact that TimeFactors does not offer a SS or brushed version with an automatic movement. I know that is the reason why I have been torn in the past. I found this to satisfy my thirst...

Cheers,
    Todd

Craftsman
    Got the PRS10 on Saturday morning. Thanks for the swift delivery Eddie.

It is now on my wrist (testing for my father....) and I cannot believe how good it is for the money.

Expect an order for another in the very near future (unless the CAF comes out of the woodwork...).

I can see this getting a lot of wrist time. :)

Grand Master
    Further to the PRS-10, which has survived a year on the wrist of our thirteen year old son (a period not survived by many other items of his :wink: ) very gracefully. The crystal is scratched, as is to be expected, and gets polywatched every other month or so. No malfunction and still very accurate. The case is in suprisingly excellent shape.

Water resistance is superb, as can be concluded from the following dialogue:

"Hey, my NATO strap needs to go into the laundry ... it just doesn't get really clean in the shower."

"You do realize, don't you, that you should not wear your watch in the shower?!"

"Well, sometimes I don't forget that!"
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BENZ
    Got the PRS10 on Saturday morning. Thanks for the swift delivery Eddie.

It is now on my wrist (testing for my father....) and I cannot believe how good it is for the money.

Expect an order for another in the very near future (unless the CAF comes out of the woodwork...).

I can see this getting a lot of wrist time. :)
    Yes they are really good and I have bought 3 in the past year for members of my family as gifts to them for puting up with me in my Senior years............I should buy another you know but I settled for a PRS 53 instead ( at the moment )

They are the smartest, most efficient, low cost timepiece that I have ever owned fitted with any variety of Nato straps the feeling is almost electric

You will not be dissapointed ...........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader
    Further to the PRS-10, which has survived a year on the wrist of our thirteen year old son (a period not survived by many other items of his :wink: ) very gracefully. The crystal is scratched, as is to be expected, and gets polywatched every other month or so. No malfunction and still very accurate. The case is in suprisingly excellent shape.

Water resistance is superb, as can be concluded from the following dialogue:

"Hey, my NATO strap needs to go into the laundry ... it just doesn't get really clean in the shower."

"You do realize, don't you, that you should not wear your watch in the shower?!"

"Well, sometimes I don't forget that!"
    LOL, that was very funny. :lol: