closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Speedbird 1903

Craftsman

Speedbird 1903

Eddie,

Out of curiosity and without divulging any commercial secrets, approximately how many SB 1903's have been sold to date? I'm a bit surprised that the watch did not sell out quickly like the SB 1 and SB 2.

Rgds,

Terry

Craftsman
    In a world without walls, who needs a location?

Maybe its the price level, Terry.

I'm a bit surprised that the watch did not sell out quickly like the SB 1 and SB 2.

The SBs were below GBP 200. The 1903 is about double that.

There were 42 SB1903 left almost exactly 8 months ago.

http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ght=sb1903

So most are sold already.

How ever it is always suprise how certain watch will sell. Price is not necessary the biggest point.

SB1 was sold out quite fast. I think maybe 2 months or so. Price was 195 Pounds.

How ever DN was sold out even faster than Eddie was able to make parcels. And it WAS 450 Pounds then (SB1903 is 395 Pounds).

JP

I have 29 SB 1903 left now. Actually, the one which started it all, PRS-1, took from December 2001 to July 2002 to sell all 300. The PRS-2 Dreadnought sold out in 48 hours but it took me 7 weeks to ship them.

I still have 18 Aerowatch.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Thomas Reid
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne
    The PRS-2 Dreadnought sold out in 48 hours but it took me 7 weeks to ship them.

Eddie
    That is seriously impressive!

Best wishes,
    Bob

Craftsman
    The PRS-2 Dreadnought sold out in 48 hours but it took me 7 weeks to ship them.

Eddie
    That is amazing. Eddie, did you ever think the PRS-2 would be that popoular or that the watch would appreciate in value the way that it has?

Journeyman
    The Speedbird 1903 is another Timefactor milestone wrought with a classic design, perfect width case and sapphire glass and screwdown crown and wr to 100m and a beautiful dial layout and in matt black and unusual high-low registers and subtle hands and a limited edtion of only 100 and a very special commemorative piece ....and ...and

Well really, they'll sell out when enough of a mature watch collecting understanding is realized by those that are able...

my strong opinon :lol:

-drew

Master
    ... The PRS-2 Dreadnought sold out in 48 hours ...
    Yes, I remember. Too fast for me at that time. :( I was too late because I didn't knew Time factors/ Eddie before that. I had to pay for this, but it's better to have a pre-owned DN than none. :D
    BTW, my girlfriend loves the Speedbird 1903 because of it's clean design (and so do I).
    Great works, Eddie. :D

/ Hal

I wore mine through all the holiday period, great watch, good timekeeper too, about +15 secs in 15 days 8)

That is amazing. Eddie, did you ever think the PRS-2 would be that popoular or that the watch would appreciate in value the way that it has?
    Of course I had no idea that the Dreadnought would sell so quickly or appreciate in price the way it has. To be honest, when I first saw it I wondered if it was too big/thick/heavy and it did cross my mind that I might be stuck with them.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Grand Master
    Yes, it's too big/thick/heavy. I'll take PRS-2 #1 off your hands, Eddie. :wink:

Ming

Ming then you will have one to customise :wink:

I have had one for over a year, and LOVE it. I put it on a black padded Hirsch sharkskin strap. It always seems to attract attention, and I have received many compliments on it (even from some serious watch snobs I know).
    People may think that 38mm is "too small", however the very thin bezel and large black face in combination with the relatively thick case make it appear quite large. It has terrific wrist presence without being oversized. Changing the strap could easily dress it up or down. Prior to purchasing this watch I was very seriously considering buying an IWC Portuguese Chrono, and this more than satisfied that craving (at a much lower price, and no partial numerals :) :) :) ).
    I was suprised by how much I liked it and could not be happier. I would recommend it to anyone without any reservations. It keeps excellent time.

Eddie- THANK YOU!

-Brian

.................. To be honest, when I first saw it I wondered if it was too big/thick/heavy and it did cross my mind that I might be stuck with them.

Eddie
    I know what you mean ... strangely enough, I thought it might have been too bulky from the pictures but when I handled 'the real thing' it looked and felt absolutely fine.

You have put together a very nice and desirable diving watch and I am really looking forward to the DN2 'Sea Shadow' ... Get a move on! :roll:

john
    Costume jewellery. Ouch!!!